Poll: Do you have a problem with clips like this
No (25)
65.79%
Yes (13)
34.21%
mishap
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
If you were a muslim, or if you are, would you be offended by this cartoon documentary clip. Do you think the points made have substance or are just made to incite religious hatred or to entertain? I'm not a person that goes ''ow no, religons, especially islam...we can't talk about that, incase people thinnk we're racist." Religious debates are fine as long as they stay respectful in my opinion. And I find the clip very very funny, even though I disagree with some of the points made, espeically the last comment, I take it for what it is, entertainment.

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/11406...AFM_12_Muslims
bcr8iv
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That clip is one of the funniest things I watched this year! If this clip was banned I'd protest...laughter should be shared!
Rashid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bcr8iv)
That clip is one of the funniest things I watched this year! If this clip was banned I'd protest...laughter should be shared!
I found that very very offencive (great vocabulary I have eh?)

To start with it was OK, but when it got to insulting the Prophet(SAW) i felt really quite angry and offended.

I don't get how you could call that a "cartoon documentary". Its just pure rubbish.

I don't mind dialogue, criticism, and debate. I enjoy that. But just throwing a load of insults and talking pathetic trash isn't contructive or entertaining (to me and 1.3bn other people worldwide at least)

-Rashid
bcr8iv
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Rashid)
I don't mind dialogue, criticism, and debate. I enjoy that. But just throwing a load of insults and talking pathetic trash isn't contructive or entertaining (to me and 1.3bn other people worldwide at least)

-Rashid
The reason it's SO funny is that it's being presented by the devil...it highlights the narrowminded views of some people. Just as in faulty-towers the German scene is so funny, because Basil(SAW) is an idiot and a racist. In the same way this is funny because the devil is an idiot and a racist. This is in my favorites folder saved as 'TOO FUNNY FOR WORDS'

German Scene incase Rashid hasn't seen it:
http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...n_The_War.html

Funny Clip about Christianity to even it up
http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...s_Animals.html
Evil-Tuna
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Man faulty towers is so good
Lecter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thats disgusting. Mocking any religion with insults is disgusting and intolerant. Contructive critism and dialogue yes! :mad:
Dougie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm a Christian and I found it very very offensive that Ricky Gervais mocked the Holy Book... :rolleyes: :laugh:
Rashid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bcr8iv)
The reason it's SO funny is that it's being presented by the devil...it highlights the narrowminded views of some people. Just as in faulty-towers the German scene is so funny, because Basil(SAW) is an idiot and a racist. In the same way this is funny because the devil is an idiot and a racist. This is in my favorites folder saved as 'TOO FUNNY FOR WORDS'
Hmm, I still find it offencive.

I also find pictures/cartoons of Jesus(AS) offencive as well, BTW...

Oh, and anything insulting to Basil Faulty is also highly blasphemous! :mad:

-Rashid
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
it was funny. people shouldn't get offeneded as it was ment as a joke and purly for comedy, there was no real mallace to it.
Decent_Jam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Some parts were funny but it was a bit low generally I'd say. If you wan't something which mocks religion in a funny way then try watching Dogma, excellent film.
bluedreamer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh the person who made that is going to dieeee :rofl:

If I was a muslim I would not be getting upset over this. They’re trying to be clever, did not work.
Lord Derfel Cadarn
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah a friend of mine showed me this a while ago. I found it absolutely hilarious its just a bit of fun and I dont see a problem with people making fun of things like this. It's not like they are just targeting muslims anyway, thay made fun of celebs and scientology as well, i'm just waiting to see what they do next!
Rashid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lord Derfel Cadarn)
Yeah a friend of mine showed me this a while ago. I found it absolutely hilarious its just a bit of fun and I dont see a problem with people making fun of things like this. It's not like they are just targeting muslims anyway, thay made fun of celebs and scientology as well, i'm just waiting to see what they do next!
Its not the point of making fun of Muslims. I don't mind that.

Its the ridiculing and insulting the Prophet(SAW) that offended me. (in fact, just the drawings of the Prophet...)

-Rashid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That clip was hilarious, although i wouldn't blame someone who was Muslim getting a bit bent out of shape about it.
Decent_Jam
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its not the point of making fun of Muslims. I don't mind that.

Its the ridiculing and insulting the Prophet(SAW) that offended me. (in fact, just the drawings of the Prophet...)

-Rashid
What do you mean when you say (SAW)? I know I'm ignorant, just wondering.
by-torslayshisfoe
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
These pictures are offensive? Offence is subjective, isn't it? Therefore shouldn't anything that offends be censored by the state?! :rolleyes:

Can't people simply ignore things they find offensive? Or shun the creator of such offensive material?
El Scotto
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

they should ban all religions, that'd solve a lot of problems.
Rashid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Decent_Jam)
What do you mean when you say (SAW)? I know I'm ignorant, just wondering.
lol, its not ignorance

It stands for the Arabic phrase: Sall Allahu alayhi Wa salam.

It means: May the peace and blessing of God be upon him (sometimes people use pbuh instead of saw)

Its a sign of respect and love for the Prophet. (in fact, to Muslims, for a Muslim to NOT say it is a sign of disrespect )

-Rashid
Decent_Jam
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol, its not ignorance

It stands for the Arabic phrase: Sall Allahu alayhi Wa salam.

It means: May the peace and blessing of God be upon him (sometimes people use pbuh instead of saw)

Its a sign of respect and love for the Prophet. (in fact, to Muslims, for a Muslim to NOT say it is a sign of disrespect )

-Rashid
Coolio, cheers for that, good to know it isn't just me!

(Original post by El Scotto)
they should ban all religions, that'd solve a lot of problems.
Hmm controversial one, I think a few people might object to it...and it would be almost impossible to impliment.
MALSUN
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If Muslims immigrate to Britain, and they are certainly welcome to do so, they HAVE to accept European values of freedom.

If I go to Iran, Arabia or any other god damn Muslim nation and insult Mohammad, I give all the Muslims their the right to shoot me that second, but don't come to Europe and demand from us complete respect for your religion.

My ancestors did not fight the Vatican, the Church, the Nazis, the monarchy, Communists and all other *******s so that intolerant Muslims can come over here and suppress our golden freedom.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads