Yes (13)
34.21%
pendragon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Rashid)
lool, what happened to my freedom of speech?

And isn't that what extradition is? The British govt. handed over Gary McKinnon (British citizen) to the US, to be imprisoned for X years, for committing a crime IN BRITAIN.

-Rashid
Freedom of speech does not extent to inciting violence or making treasonable statements. Freedom of Speech is based upon the notion that you can say what you like except to the point of limiting another's freedom to do the same, if you threaten violence like execution against someone for voicing their views you are limiting their freedom. I don't believe Muslims are not intelligent enough to understand the concept; they just wilfully misinterpret and misrepresent it in order to support violent arguments.

Drawing an offensive cartoon is not recognised as a crime in Britain; such a sentence would be regarded as similar to the unlawful fatwa issued against Salman Rushdie, who has enjoyed the full protection of the British secret service.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its a cartoon. Damn you Muslims.:banghead:
MALSUN
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:congrats:
Rashid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by toipot2)
It could be encroaching on incitement to murder
Its not.

(Original post by pendragon)
Freedom of speech does not extent to inciting violence or making treasonable statements. Freedom of Speech is based upon the notion that you can say what you like except to the point of limiting another's freedom to do the same, if you threaten violence like execution against someone for voicing their views you are limiting their freedom. I don't believe Muslims are not intelligent enough to understand the concept; they just wilfully misinterpret and misrepresent it in order to support violent arguments.

Drawing an offensive cartoon is not recognised as a crime in Britain; such a sentence would be regarded as similar to the unlawful fatwa issued against Salman Rushdie, who has enjoyed the full protection of the British secret service.
Thats not incitement to murder, and nor is it treason. And even if it were, there's little that would be done to me

And my post was a SUGGESTION, it was my opinion of what SHOULD happen. Europe doesn't really care about offending Muslims now, because the most "we" can do is kill a few civillians on a train. In the future...that will change. And if the West wants to maintain decent relations with the Islamic world, they would comply.

But then again, I doubt there'll ever be really decent relations between the West and the Khilafah...

-Rashid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Europe doesn't really care about offending Muslims now -Rashid
What a load of crap. Europe has been bending over for Muslims for decades, and its getting worse with all the political correctness.
Rashid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, obviously not enough

What I mean is; if they really cared, they'd hand over the cartoonists...but they know we can't do anything.

My point is, in the future...maybe we WILL. For the sake of peace, will you comply then?

-Rashid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if they really cared, they'd hand over the cartoonists -Rashid
??????????????????????????????
pendragon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thats not incitement to murder, and nor is it treason. And even if it were, there's little that would be done to me
It is incitement to violence, you are advocating the unlawful execution of a European citizen for an offense that is not considered a crime, but rather a right, within the EU. In Britain's common law legal system you could be convicted for publically proclaiming such sentiments. There is no difference between what you have said and the placards held up by some Muslims which states 'kill those who insult Islam'. Some of the other placards were treasonable, and were the government less politically sensitive to British Muslims they could have been the basis of convictions.
pendragon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, obviously not enough

What I mean is; if they really cared, they'd hand over the cartoonists...but they know we can't do anything.

My point is, in the future...maybe we WILL. For the sake of peace, will you comply then?

-Rashid
You won't be able to do anything, the oil in the Middle East will dry up eventually which will make you even less powerful. Islam is now a backwards religion that once was responcible for great scientific innovations but is now only seeking to regress society back to 6th Century Arabia. The US and Europe will remain more powerful than the Islamic World, the new powers that will emerge as rivals will be China and India, and both of those countries are more anti-Muslim than the West. Heaven help you guys if you mess with China, we are only restrained from repressing you because we believe in freedom of religion and free speech. What you do to non-Muslims in Islamic countries is far worse. If you provoke China they will simply kill you all rather than trying to install democracy and freedom in your countries.

You are very much out of your depth here, the West has defeated far more powerful enemies (the NAZI's and international communism led by the Soviet Union) than you can ever hope to be. If you do intend to threaten us then know that we will not comply, we will fight, and in such circumstances if it was our intent to really kill you rather than free you from theocracy the US could wipe the Islamic world off the map, and the Muslim world would be lucky to destroy three major Western cities in return.
Rashid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It is incitement to violence, you are advocating the unlawful execution of a European citizen for an offense that is not considered a crime, but rather a right, within the EU. In Britain's common law legal system you could be convicted for publically proclaiming such sentiments. There is no difference between what you have said and the placards held up by some Muslims which states 'kill those who insult Islam'. Some of the other placards were treasonable, and were the government less politically sensitive to British Muslims they could have been the basis of convictions.
Maybe...its a fine line. As I understand it, that is not incitement to murder/violence. It is not direct enough.

You won't be able to do anything, the oil in the Middle East will dry up eventually which will make you even less powerful. Islam is now a backwards religion that once was responcible for great scientific innovations but is now only seeking to regress society back to 6th Century Arabia. The US and Europe will remain more powerful than the Islamic World, the new powers that will emerge as rivals will be China and India, and both of those countries are more anti-Muslim than the West. Heaven help you guys if you mess with China, we are only restrained from repressing you because we believe in freedom of religion and free speech. What you do to non-Muslims in Islamic countries is far worse. If you provoke China they will simply kill you all rather than trying to install democracy and freedom in your countries.

You are very much out of your depth here, the West has defeated far more powerful enemies (the NAZI's and international communism led by the Soviet Union) than you can ever hope to be. If you do intend to threaten us then know that we will not comply, we will fight, and in such circumstances if it was our intent to really kill you rather than free you from theocracy the US could wipe the Islamic world off the map, and the Muslim world would be lucky to destroy three major Western cities in return.
I wasn't talking about oil.

We can only wait and see

Khilafah is imminent.

-Rashid
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (356)
37.63%
No - but I will (74)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (450)
47.57%

Watched Threads