Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'd like everyones thoughts on their ability to 1. Understand the 3 science/maths subjects.

Personally, I'm ****ing brilliant at understanding what I learn. Yet when it comes to past papers for science im going wrong? Like in chemistry and biology, I understand the theory behind the question, but i.. try to put extra information as insurance per say. As in, writing a simple answer at A level dosent feel right so i may like act a bit too clever for the question an end up not answering it.

With physics, its more about being able to spot the 'tricks' and being able to use the right tools/formuli to tackle the application questions. Or just looking at the question differently.

As for maths, well i dont have much problem, apart from knowing how to do confidence intervals since my teacher hasnt gone through it yet, i tried mymaths and livemaths aqa board help and they don't even have it listed? Like wtf, im really worried because that topic has come up lots in S1 papers ive practiced with.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't do sciences. However, from my experience with friends who do.. The general gist (for biology in particular) is that you could know everything in the book and still fail the exam. Exam practise is key. And even if you've done loads of past papers you could still even fail if they throw you a dodgy question. I can't advise you but I'm just going to say you're probably not the only one feeling this way with the sciences (my friends are the 'clever' ones too. Straight A* and A at GCSE and expected to do really well at A level, although that's a different story.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethambitious)
    although that's a different story.)
    Haha i sure am familiar with this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did your exams go?

ReputationRep:
    My Summer exams went well, the retake for C1 was a bit iffy but i think i did well and C2 was kinda dodgy, probably got a C/B for that. Otherwise, all my other exams went pretty well i think. I just hope i dont get surprised like i did in Jan, otherwise id give up on A levels, since I'm clearly a candidate who is very informed and competent in subject knowledge/applying, but the exam fails to show that wbu ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.