Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much does it cost to live in London? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't sure where to post this, so I put it in the travel section

Me and a friend are at York uni, but we're looking to stay in London for 2 months over the summer holidays as we've both applied for paid internships and we will also be looking for weekend jobs too.

Anyways, roughly how much does it cost weekly to live in London and what's the cheapest you are likely to find a flat either in or close to London? I also have some savings to help out Also what would we be best looking for e.g. a studio apartment, flats, student housing etc?

It'd be helpful if you guys could factor in food leisure too etc

Thanks in advance!

Also any general advice about the places to live near London and job prospects would be appreciated DD

ReputationRep:
    I lived in London, Stratford for 6 months, it was the cheapest I could find. It was a shared house, and all the other tenants were extremely nice. It's generally much cheaper to not live in the centre, and you'll have to have an oyster travel card anyways, so... I think I was around £ 600 - 700 per month including rent, bills, travel, food, the occasional drink. You get the Idea ;-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.