Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Transport services watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello..
    I'm completely new to TSR but i was wondering if anyone can advice me on how to transport my goods from my university halls to back home. Well, i study in manchester and want to move everything from my halls to my family home in the same town. I was wondering if there is any transport companies providing this service of picking up the boxes from my uni halls to home just within greater manchester?

Any help or advice provided is highly appreciated!
    Thankss x

ReputationRep:
    A mate with a car?

ReputationRep:
    If you look on gumtree, (i know on london at least..) there are " man with vans" , some of which specify they can do university moves
    however someone with a car would be best as its unlikely you will need more space than a car unless you have a huge pc or something
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    If it's within the same town you could just book a taxi. Obviously make sure you tell them you're going to be transporting a load of boxes as well as yourself, but they'll probably accept the job regardless, and just charge a bit extra for the time spent waiting around. Bit safer than hiring a white van man as well since taxi drivers are much more heavily regulated.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure there are moving and storage services aimed towards universities. I can't seem to find the name though. You could find a man with a van on Gumtree (as mentioned) or even Facebook as there seems to be a rise in pages advertising this sort of thing.

Are family unable to drive for you? I managed to get everything in one car down to uni.

ReputationRep:
    A man with a Van?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.