Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Is anyone due to take this course in September? I had my skills tests last week and am just awaiting to be called for interview so hope that goes well!! I've applied for the full time course because as I understand it is over 4 days and my children are all at school age now so fingers crossed
    Has anyone previously done this course? I've heard its very, very hard work so would like others input please. I haven't studied since 1998 so I know it will be especially tough for someone like me but I am welcoming the challenge
    If you've taken the course, what are your aims for the future? I hope to try and study adult nursing at DMU

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm in the same position, I've been accepted onto the access to nursing course starting in September. I left school in 1993 and have not studied properly since.
    Our family is complete and now I feel it's time to concentrate on a career for me.
    I hope your interview goes well and maybe we can compare notes in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma77)
    Hi,
    I'm in the same position, I've been accepted onto the access to nursing course starting in September. I left school in 1993 and have not studied properly since.
    Our family is complete and now I feel it's time to concentrate on a career for me.
    I hope your interview goes well and maybe we can compare notes in the future.
    Hi Emma
    Thank you and well done on getting on the course. I'm still awaiting my formal interview with the tutors, I think these happen in May.
    Exact same reasons as you for now wanting a career although looking back I wish I had gone around it the 'right' way, I could have had ten years under my belt by now but there's no point regretting my decisions, we need to just crack on and better ourselves now! Best of luck for your course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hope the interview stage goes well for you, let me know how you get on.

Strangely my 16 year old daughter has just been accepted onto the B-Tec health and social care course at the same college, she's going to love me!! He He.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Julie,
    Ive applied for this too at Hull college, ive got my skills test tomorrow and im really scared, i don't know what to expect.
    I left school when i was 15 because i was pregnant but i did some exams at a schoolgirl mums unit, however that was 18 years ago now and haven't done anything since.
    Could you please tell me how hard the skills test was, what kind of questions it asks etc?
    I would really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma77)
    Hope the interview stage goes well for you, let me know how you get on.

Strangely my 16 year old daughter has just been accepted onto the B-Tec health and social care course at the same college, she's going to love me!! He He.
    Haha!! I bet he does! My teen is mortified that he might be at uni the same time as me. Told him I can show him and his mates how the social scene is done, that did not go down well lol!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've literally just applied on your other post. Please don't panic
    Maths questions varied from finding out the 'mean' so basic adding and dividing, working out the fastest train, working out how much grass seed you would need to sow on a patch of land etc...
    English was a lot of finding the correct spelling, choosing the sentence that was correct for grammar, lots of reading small pieces and answering a brief question(you get the question first so make sure you read it before the piece flashes up!).
    Let me know how you get on, best of luck
    Oh and I left school in 98, baby followed a year later then I've spent the last 13 years in dead end jobs and raising my brood of 5! Definitely our time now, eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry to much about the skills test, I did some basic study online for maths as it's not my strongest subject and came out with a level 2 in both maths and english. I am pretty happy with that considering I struggle sometimes with the kids homework.
    I am re-taking my maths GCSE next year as well as I think a general improvement in my grade won't do any harm to my uni applications.
    Hope it goes well for you.
    x

ReputationRep:
    God I can vouch for struggling with the kids homework! Google has be one my best friend lol!!
    Let us know how you get on at your skills test

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.