Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often should you weigh yourself? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How often is it recommended to weigh yourself and does the time of day make a difference?

ReputationRep:
    I think once a month is fairly reasonable, too many people weigh weekly and then get demotivated when the scale isn't moving or is moving too slow. The time of day will make a big difference as my weight fluctuates a lot during the day, that's another reason why monthly is better as you can see long term changes rather than fluctuations. It's best to weigh yourself consistently in he morning before breakfast and after a dump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    How often is it recommended to weigh yourself and does the time of day make a difference?
    As long as you weigh yourself at the same time of day every time I don't think when you do it makes much difference. I weigh myself once a week at the same time but I'm trying to lose weight. If I wasn't I would probably weigh myself every fortnight maybe less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)

I tend to weigh myself every week or so, but that is only because the scales in my bathroom don't work right so I use the scales in my Grandma's. They're always right.

ReputationRep:
    I weigh myself every Thursday morning, before I eat anything. For me, that works fine and seems neither too often nor too infrequent.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.