Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't figure out how to tell some stuff to my mother and some other stuff Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am one of the many students who applied for medicine this year. And I am one of the few who got rejected from all 4 medical schools in England. I applied to Imperial, Cardiff, Brighton and Sussex, and Keele.

Anyways, from the beginning, I ****ed up. For my UKCAT, I ****ed up and I got a really low mean and total score of 562.5. I really tried my hardest but this was all I could achieve. For my BMAT, I got 4.0, 4.0, 3C.

Anyways, to the point. Although my mother knew my BMAT and UKCAT score, recently I got rejected from all 4 universities. My rejections started from November to March. Whilst I wanted to tell my mother I got rejected, I just couldn't seem to. I am from Asian descent and my mother is very strict. Although she is caring and lovely when she hears this news, it will make her extremely disappointed and it will anger her a huge amount. I am scared when she is angry since she throws a lot of insults and stuff I don't want to hear and receive.

After being rejected from 4 universities, I am simply just stunned. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to tell her and I don't know how she will support me in the future. Being rejected from all medical schools is just a huge magnitude for her to handle so she'll throw a fit and I'm just too scared about it. How do I approach this? What should I do?

This problem has also brought me to become very depressed and anxious on life on the future. Whilst I think of doing a gap year, my mother will never support that and both my parents will be extremely angry over me.

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Look i just think you need to tell her, the fear of telling her will be a lot worse than actually telling her this. I always say everything happens for a reason and this could be the best thing that has ever happend to you in your life. Literally, tell her youre also disappointed abd then say youre not going to give up because success only comes from previous failures. Tell her youve learnt from it and it will make you more determined. Go have a year of travelling get lots of medical work experience. Learn lots about this amazing world, find your passions in life and you will mature a lot more over that year. Its one year off, whats the rush of going to university this year anyway? some people start studying medicine at 30! At the end of the day its your life not your mothers, you need to start to control your own life and i think a gap year will be perfect for that see it as a blessing in disguise

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.