Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend wants me to see him perform...feeling guilty? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I would love some real quick advice!

My boyfriend is performing at a drama festival this coming Sunday, its for the finals in the regional section and he really wants me to go and see him. I've seen the piece that he will perform with his group before, its just had a few changes made to it, but here is my problem...

We both study away from home, and the performance is about 40 mins from where I live, so I would have to get a train home on Sunday (1.5 hour) to then travel 40 mins to this show, then back home then back on a train to get back to school. Its not just the travel however, but I've got my AS exams, and they start in less than 3 weeks, so thats basically a whole day taken away that I should be revising...plus I cant go back to school with my boyfriend as he is going back "with the lads" and there isnt enough seats...plus I wouldnt want to interupt their "lad time"

He's really keen on me going and just assumes that I will, and i want to! but it just seems so inconvenient at the moment with travel and exams and just timing...

Please help!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ask him how important it is to him that you go and explain to him (if he insists on you going) that you're going to need some time away from him for the next few days to study and make up for the lost time. He shouldn't have a problem with this, A levels are really important.

ReputationRep:
    If you are someone that procrastinates and probably wouldn't revise on that day anyway, as you will be thinking of him too much, then you may as well just go. A day isn't going to kill you in all honesty. Revise on the train if you feel like that could help a bit?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study on the train

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.