Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm 13 and I am going to audition for the National Youth Theatre next year!
    But I want to start looking for monologues now, any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Please don't do the tuna fish monologue from laughing wild because it is way too over done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.monologuearchive.com/c/carroll_001.html
    This is a monologue from Lewis carroll's Alice Wonderland it's cute for a young teenage girl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi dappernapper, thank you so much for the advice, I definitely wont do an overdone monologue, the alice in wonderland monologue is really nice but the monologue has to only be from a play thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    Well there's the monologue archive which has loads of monologues from plays and other things, such as Shakespearean, modern etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TheDapperNapper;42238910]Well there's the monologue archive which has loads of monologues from plays and other things, such as Shakespearean, modern etc.

Yeah! I did a monologue from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet and got in this year but I have heard that many people do modern monologues too so just find one close to your age so you can get into the character more. Have a look at something from Romeo and Juliet (or another Shakespeare play with a young female character) and maybe a modern one from 'An Inspector Calls'. You can find modern ones easily. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    what monologue did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nci_X)
    what monologue did you do?
    I did Juliet's Soliloquy from Act 4 Scene 3.

ReputationRep:
    You can find some great advice on drama auditions here: http://actinginlondon.co.uk/

Also, make sure to Google this query. You'll get far more results than just asking people around here

Break a leg!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nci_X)
    Hi, I'm 13 and I am going to audition for the National Youth Theatre next year!
    But I want to start looking for monologues now, any suggestions?
    Hi,

I just got in this year and the best thing I think you could do is read a play you really like and select a monologue from their (same age/gender) rather than selecting a random monologue then reading the play.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I did a shakespeare monologue and got in this year. Don't be pressured into doing a modern one necessarily, some people who do shakespeare are successful.

Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.