Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

This is the best way to find a job watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    this got me the job try and see if it works for you

basically there was an ad for a warehouse packing job full time permanent position advertised on the gumtree website which was advertised it included a map which provided me the location of the business, so i quickly google mapped the exact area and how i would get there quickly got on my bike went to the business myself addressed the manager gave him my cv and was offered the job the next week

its a good method of getting work as it impresses the employer and lets you beat out potential candidates

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and you stand in the queue of about 100 people, when you get to the door, oopsie you're too late. I think you are just a little hairy bushy troll. You need damn experience even for warehouse jobs!

ReputationRep:
    nice one!! Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Yes, and you stand in the queue of about 100 people, when you get to the door, oopsie you're too late. I think you are just a little hairy bushy troll. You need damn experience even for warehouse jobs!
    nope no troll add specifically required staff with no experience pay rate is 6.30 per hr 8pm to 5pm can do overtime if i want to been long term unemployed for nearly 4 years been temping for royal mail in each of those years though

ReputationRep:
    cheeas

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't a lot of low paid jobs require you to hand in a CV? Most people ask for the manager when doing so... I don't see your point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    Doesn't a lot of low paid jobs require you to hand in a CV? Most people ask for the manager when doing so... I don't see your point.
    yes but if i hadn't approached the business myself i wouldnt have got the job as the employer probably has 100s of people to choose from the add said to email the cv i went in person instead but i suppose i was really lucky

ReputationRep:
    The best part is that this method works for any type of job. I saw this company called 'Deloitte' advertising for graduate risk consultants. I put on my best suit, looked up the company on google maps, cracked out my old push bike and cycled over there, and then handed the manager my CV in person. He was so impressed by my display of initiative that I start on a salary of 32k next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocothunder)
    The best part is that this method works for any type of job. I saw this company called 'Deloitte' advertising for graduate risk consultants. I put on my best suit, looked up the company on google maps, cracked out my old push bike and cycled over there, and then handed the manager my CV in person. He was so impressed by my display of initiative that I start on a salary of 32k next week.
    so im a troll now?
    that method does actually work maybe for not every type of job but it does work
    well i dont give a damn you can believe me or not ive just got a full time job was just trying to be helpful

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.