This discussion is closed.
aiman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by ABC NEWS)
Press Report: ABCNews:
The US Ambassador, Mr. John Robert Bolton, resigned from his post as the US Ambassador today. Mr. Bolton refused to comment upon the reason for his resignation, but simply stated that he was unhappy with the adminstration.
The US State Department Deputy Secretary, Robert Zoellick stated: "Mr.Bolton resigned due to friction between him and his colleagues here at the State Department, on many issues including the United Nations Human Rights Commission."
President Bush stated that it was very unfortunate that Mr.Bolton resigned, as the US needed a representative to cooperate with other countries on the Iran nuclear dilemma. He has appointed a new Ambassador to the United Nations, Mr.aiman, an ex-Democratic Party Chairman (1999-2003). Political analysts believe that this appointment may be to win Democratic support for the President.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations is pleased to be here and looks forward to working with fellow delegates on issues of paramount concern.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Israel warmly welcomes the new US representative, aiman! Israel looks forward to working with our ally on future matters in the UN.
aiman
Rep:
?
The United States also looks forward to working alongside Israel. We are also very pleased to have Prime Minister Ehud Olmert here visitng us today.
brimstone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Fantastic Aiman, that'll deserve some rep tomorrow... or in a few days :s:

India welcomes the new Representative for the United States. Hopefully we can work together to develop stronger Indian-American ties.
aiman
Rep:
?
Fantastic Aiman, that'll deserve some rep tomorrow... or in a few days

India welcomes the new Representative for the United States. Hopefully we can work together to develop stronger Indian-American ties.
Thank you.

The United States is also eager to improve relations with India. Our President was very pleased with the progress in India during his last visit.
Teehar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
venezuala hopes that this delegate can better defend the pathetic, imperialistic policies of the US and their continuing interference in other nation's business where it si not wanted.
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
India condemns Venezuela's welcome to the new US delegate, thinking it is possibly a sign of resentment that they did not win the election.
aiman
Rep:
?
venezuala hopes that this delegate can better defend the pathetic, imperialistic policies of the US and their continuing interference in other nation's business where it si not wanted.
I believe I can defend the policies and actions of the United States.
Teehar
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by brimstone)
India condemns Venezuela's welcome to the new US delegate, thinking it is possibly a sign of resentment that they did not win the election.
Venezuala shall not tolerate such a personal attack on its delegate! attacks on Venezuala are different to the comments you just made, we demand you withdraw this slanderous comments or face further action under the rules of the MUN.
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
India does not believe the comments are either 'personal' or 'slanderous'. They were just a suggestion, and we refuse to withdraw them.
Teehar
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by aiman)
I believe I can defend the policies and actions of the United States.
so how do you defend the funding of political and military groups opposed to the government of a democratic nation, one which is of no concern to the US?
Teehar
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
India does not believe the comments are either 'personal' or 'slanderous'. They were just a suggestion, and we refuse to withdraw them.
the comments are suggestive of a personal grudge, this is considered a personal attack on my moral character and shall not be tolerated, please remove before further action is sought.
aiman
Rep:
?
so how do you defend the funding of political and military groups opposed to the government of a democratic nation, one which is of no concern to the US?
I'm sorry I am unable to understand what the last part of the question says, could you rephrase it?
As with regards to, and I quote, 'funding of political and military groups opposed to the government of a democratic nation', the United States Representative believes that Venezula should not make unsubstantiated accusations.
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 6+6=6)
the comments are suggestive of a personal grudge, this is considered a personal attack on my moral character and shall not be tolerated, please remove before further action is sought.
The comments are not suggestive of a personal grudge. The comments states that we (our personal opinion) possibly (not accusing in anyway whatsoever) thinks (formulates in the mind, visualises or imagines).
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 6+6=6)
India condemns this false attack on the United States, and demands the Representative withdraw his comments.
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Israel observes the Venezula Representative is a bit sour. There was no need for such an inflammatory comment, which doesn't portray your welcoming to aiman, but portrays your bitterness to JonathanH and the fact you didn't get in.

this is considered a personal attack on my moral character and shall not be tolerated, please remove before further action is sought.
Are you trying to evict brimstone now, too? How can you define what the Indian representative as a "personal insult"?
Cataclysm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Switzerland gives a warm welcome to the new US representative, may the new candidate be properous in his role.
Teehar
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
India condemns this false attack on the United States, and demands the Representative withdraw his comments.
venezuala expected a better responce from India. this attack is not false at all. it is a known fact that the US played a hand in the coup of 2002 that was unsupportive of the democratically elected Hugo Chavez, based on a grudge held by the whit house against Mr Chavez. it is known that to this day, the US continues to sponsor and fund opposition political parties in Venezuela, in an attempt to influence the popular suppor that the esteemed Mr Chavez enjoys.
aiman
Rep:
?
The Representative for the United States thanks Switzerland for their kind remarks.
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 6+6=6)
venezuala expected a better responce from India. this attack is not false at all. it is a known fact that the US played a hand in the coup of 2002 that was unsupportive of the democratically elected Hugo Chavez, based on a grudge held by the whit house against Mr Chavez. it is known that to this day, the US continues to sponsor and fund opposition political parties in Venezuela, in an attempt to influence the popular suppor that the esteemed Mr Chavez enjoys.
If Venezuela can prove their comments, other than saying 'it is a known fact', then India will accept them. If, as India thinks, the Venezuelan diplomat cannot, India will take it as a false accusation, and will make moves to start disciplinary procedures.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads