Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, just signed up to ask couple of questions to anyone who is studying counselling.
    First of all I'm going to be 27 years old this year and I would like to start studying counselling at the open university, I have a baby and working part time, my question is that will I be able to this course at home or do I need to attend classes and work placements? Also how long did it take you to become a counsellor? I'm 27 and worrying if thats too old to study counselling, I don't want to be 40 years old and still studying lol if you had to attend classes or work placements how often did you have to do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I study with the Open university and you don't need to attend classes. If you want a degree it takes 3-6 years to study (3 years full time, 6 years part time).

27 years old is not at all old to be studying, I'm 23 and I'm one of the young ones with open university.

There's a section on here for open university students so if you wanna ask questions post them there and then you can chat with other students

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=206

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your reply Hun, you have made me feel better about my age lol are you studying counselling as well? Also thanks for the link x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No I'm studying math now then a science degree in October

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.