Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I thought condoms were one size fits all but I recently used one for the first time ( lost my virginity late - 22. The girl complimented me telling me i was big but i assumed this was just a confidence boosting remark. I really struggled to put the condom on - had to stretch it over my penis but i assumed they have to be tight. It felt VERY uncomfotable.

Im 6.5 inches long - which isnt the issue, im 6 inches around and i think this is why it feels tight, are there other condoms I can get or are they just supposed to feel tight anyway?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes, it can be much harder to put condoms on if you have a thicker penis, and yes, there are larger (wider) condoms. Before these became available, I had to find unlubricated ones because pre-lubricated ones were so difficult to get on and they were never particularly comfortable.

Try the wider Skyns - the combination of the material they're made of and their extra width should make those an option.

An alternative is to take a female condom, throw away the inner ring and use that as a baggy condom. Much easier to put on.

Also, I forgot to mention, I split 2 condoms so this is an issue,

ReputationRep:
    You're just too big for standard condoms. Condoms are not one size fits all.

You can get a larger size from mycondom.co.uk and some branches of Boots. As you've observed, it's really important to get the right size as too small ones split easily, and it's unlikely that a girl will have large ones in her stash.

Basically all condom splits I've had (which is always a cause of PANICPANICPANIC) have been because we didn't have the correctly sized condom. I really appreciate guys who are organised enough to get the right size and reduce that risk.

(Original post by wildbluesun)
    You're just too big for standard condoms. Condoms are not one size fits all.

You can get a larger size from mycondom.co.uk and some branches of Boots. As you've observed, it's really important to get the right size as too small ones split easily, and it's unlikely that a girl will have large ones in her stash.

Basically all condom splits I've had (which is always a cause of PANICPANICPANIC) have been because we didn't have the correctly sized condom. I really appreciate guys who are organised enough to get the right size and reduce that risk.

Thanks for the website. The condom splitting did scare me although we ended up doing it without them because we were both virgins and she was on the pill but I definitely dont want to be in that situation again.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.