Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. I'm a male with age of 22 and would like to know whether there are any possible ways to increase my height. Any methods suggested would be very appreciated.

Many thanks !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you don't really grow much at all between after 20, very little between 20-25 if you're lucky. You're out of luck buddy.

ReputationRep:
    Do a lot of stretching and running, try and avoid weights. But there will be very little growth because it is believed that men stopping growing after 19/20.

ReputationRep:
    A rack, that thing they did in Gattaca, high heels...

But nothing reasonable. Perhaps you could work on your posture, most people these days are a bit hunched from using computers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prospective UK)
    Hello everyone. I'm a male with age of 22 and would like to know whether there are any possible ways to increase my height. Any methods suggested would be very appreciated.

Many thanks !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Growth hormone meds or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Did you know you are naturally taller when you get up, compared to when you go to bed? Earths gravity at work!

Temporary measures are stuff like pull ups, and that kind of exercise. They straighten the spine, extending it, but its not permanent.

A good posture is a must also of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skilled)
    try and avoid weights.
    We already have a thread about this, so far as I'm aware it has never been shown that lifting stunts growth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    We already have a thread about this, so far as I'm aware it has never been shown that lifting stunts growth.
    for?, weights are known for stopping growth

ReputationRep:
    for?, weights are known for stopping growth
    Evidence?

Read some of the replies here, for example: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2314498

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    Evidence?

Read some of the replies here, for example: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2314498
    Interesting... din't know that

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is. How tall you grow is mainly based on Genetics though you may be able to add a few cm with good posture by stretching etc making sure you've got a straight back

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot everyone for your suggestions !! I'm currently doing yoga/stretching as well as body combat (martial art exercise which includes a lot of jumping ). However, I'm also doing Body pump (Barbell exercise) and quite concerned that this might stunt height as you guys said. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    The growth plates in your bones will have fused by now. Sorry dude, you're all grown up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prospective UK)
    However, I'm also doing Body pump (Barbell exercise) and quite concerned that this might stunt height as you guys said. ^_^
    Mate I've never seen any evidence to suggest lifting stunts growth unless, as someone in another thread said, you somehow damage a plate somewhere. All I've seen is people refuting this idea, so I wouldn't worry about it.

At 22 though I think the odds of you growing are very slim, sorry pal. There will always be lads smaller than you though, so don't worry about your genetics.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting... din't know that
    No offense, but if you don't know something or haven't researched something you shouldn't give unsubstantiated advice to people, it can lead them down the wrong path. Weightlifting is a very beneficial activity, but so many people are put off by stupid advice thrown around the internet.

ReputationRep:
    Leg implants?

Stilts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark85)
    Leg implants?

Stilts?
    Those things we used to have as kids, like cups with string attached to them.

High heels?

ReputationRep:
    How tall are you anyway?

ReputationRep:
    At 22, chances are that you're most likely finished growing as you're growth plates will have been fused.
    The only thing you can do is to work on your posture and stretches may also help but don't expect too much.

ReputationRep:
    get taller

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.