Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just got my email saying I have an interview next week for the Fashion Promotion course at Atrium, just wondering if anyone on here who got onto this course could help me out with what sort of questions they were asked at interview and what they took in their portfolio? I'm applying as a mature student so I feel abit out of the loop with all this haha! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview for there a month ago and got an offer I'm currently studying Fashion Design so my portfolio was more design based. I put in several projects with designs and illustrations along with large photographs of the garment I had made for one of the projects. I also took sketchbooks with me so that they could see where my inspiration had come from. I also included 8 life drawings, it's not essential but the woman who interviewed me seemed quite interested in this.
    They are really nice there! There was no pressure put on me whatsoever and the interview was a breeze. First off she asked me to tell her a bit about myself (standard interview question), then I talked through my work. She then asked me questions like 'Why do you want to do this course?' and 'Where do you see yourself in 5 years?' really simple interview questions! All the best and I may be seeing you in September!

ReputationRep:
    I also had an interview a couple of months ago and have accepted my offer there as I loved it! : ) the interview was laid back and the woman who interviewed me was really friendly and easy to talk to. My portfolio consisted of my photography and textiles portfolio work from college but also a mixture of fashion-related work I'd done outside of college like illustration and blog posts. The questions I got asked were generally about myself and why I was interested in the Fashion Promotion course, also where I find inspiration e.g. which magazines I read. Hope this helped!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.