Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I was meant to be getting £1672 from student finance today, but when I checked my bank account they had only put in £710. When I rang them up they said this was because of changes in my household income. As of the 23rd February which was the last correspondence I had received form them, I was still expecting £1672, which would have covered my rent until my tenancy ends on the 27th July. As I was unaware of any changes to my household income, i'm now in a sticky predicament where I'm not sure how I will afford to pay my rent for the extra 2 months. I don't receive any financial support from my parents and also need to buy food etc, so I'm not sure what to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nov321)
    Hi everyone, I was meant to be getting £1672 from student finance today, but when I checked my bank account they had only put in £710. When I rang them up they said this was because of changes in my household income. As of the 23rd February which was the last correspondence I had received form them, I was still expecting £1672, which would have covered my rent until my tenancy ends on the 27th July. As I was unaware of any changes to my household income, i'm now in a sticky predicament where I'm not sure how I will afford to pay my rent for the extra 2 months. I don't receive any financial support from my parents and also need to buy food etc, so I'm not sure what to do!
    In most cases when they reduce your final payment it is because you have not provided them with something to confirm your household income. It may not be from thsi year (not sure what year you are in).

Go into your uni and speak to the advice team - they will be able to find out what has happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nov321)
    you need to phone student finance again if your household income hasnt changed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.