Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

On the 'Your Course' section, it says "Based on the information you provided, your university or college will charge you a tuition fee of £9000 for this year of your course. Is this the correct amount?"

It currently shows as Yes and I have tried changing this to No and enter the correct fee of £3465 underneath, however when I press 'Save and Continue', it doesn't save.

I have filled everything else out correctly and this seems to be the only problem as I keep getting the error message.

Can you help?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi BT31,

The £3465 tuition fee rate is only applicable to students whose courses started before 1 September 2012 or those undertaking a top-up year.

Do either of these situations apply to you?

Many thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi BT31,

The £3465 tuition fee rate is only applicable to students whose courses started before 1 September 2012 or those undertaking a top-up year.

Do either of these situations apply to you?

Many thanks,
    Mark-Lee
    Yes, I started in September 2011.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi BT,

Thanks for the info. This can sometimes happen if the course details or course name that have been entered on the app are different from the ones on the previous application. When this happens the app thinks a different course is being studied and the new fee rate applies.

If you speak with one of our advisers on 0845 300 5090 they'll be able to help with this.

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.