Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Bought myself a new 360 the other day for a song, its quite old but seems hardly used which is great especially given I paid £35 for it, the only issue is that it doesnt have an HDMI port on the back (I knew it didnt), I didnt think this would be a problem as it never has been before.
    When I was connecting it up to the TV I realised that the TV im connecting it to doesnt have 3 YPbPr ports for the blue, green and red cables - it just has one port which im guessing incorporates them all together (never seen this before mind!).
    At the minute im just using composite video which looks terrible, I can barely even read text on the screen.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any possible adapter, either that convert an HDMI cable to connect to the back of a 360, or an adapter to fit the YPbPr port on the TV or something, otherwise I may as well sell the Xbox because the picture quality is just awful.

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    If the TV dosen't have a HDMI or a Red/Green/Blue port set, then I doubt you'll be able to get HD content on it.

The yellow port you're using (RCA connector) will only support standard definition content. I'm afraid if you want HD content you're going to have to upgrade your screen.

Since you TV dosen't have HDMI/r/g/b then I doubt its even a HD capable TV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeropoint)
    If the TV dosen't have a HDMI or a Red/Green/Blue port set, then I doubt you'll be able to get HD content on it.

The yellow port you're using (RCA connector) will only support standard definition content. I'm afraid if you want HD content you're going to have to upgrade your screen.

Since you TV dosen't have HDMI/r/g/b then I doubt its even a HD capable TV.
    The TV is an HDTV, it has 2 HDMI ports, a USB port, etc. etc. but the 360 doesnt have an HDMI port so I cant use HDMI. My PS3 is fine on it using HDMI.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Does the TV have a VGA port?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypercaine.)
    When I was connecting it up to the TV I realised that the TV im connecting it to doesnt have 3 YPbPr ports for the blue, green and red cables - it just has one port which im guessing incorporates them all together (never seen this before mind!).
    At the minute im just using composite video which looks terrible, I can barely even read text on the screen.
    Some TV's use something like a headphone jack connector for the component input (both my samsung tvs do this) for which you'll need a suitable cable (which you might have got with the TV so check the box / where ever you put the manual).

Also can the X-Box you've got support component out. If it doesn't then there's not much point seeing if the TV does.

The other option that might work is to get a VGA cable for the X-Box (if the TV has a VGA in).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.