Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm writing a piece of writing about holidays in french and need to include stuff like where you'd usually go and who with,where you went last year,where your going next year,how long you usually go for/went for,how you traveled,what you do/did,opinions on everything,weather,time phrases,souvenirs,describing the place,3 tenses,ideal holiday.

ReputationRep:
    So what do you want?

ReputationRep:
    I guess some help with it,i'm way out of my depth and can barely write a few sentences that includes any of that stuff,i would be grateful if anyone would help by just saying something like 'oh,here's a sentence that you could write including a past tense and opinions etc.'

ReputationRep:
    Have your teachers not provided you with some basic sentences you can copy the structure of? Or any vocab sheets?

And you must have already done quite a bit of work on talking about holidays in class?

If you think you are out of your depth, just keep it simple. Write some short sentences out in English first and think about the vocabulary and grammar you will need to put them into French.

ReputationRep:
    Well,not really,the teacher said it was a 'surprise' writing and we'd have to use our basic knowledge and research for this. It's a shame really and that's why I've come here for help and assistance with it

ReputationRep:
    Is this for GCSE? Si j'étais riche, j'irais... is a good starting point for a sentence. It means if I was rich (imperfect), I would go to (conditional), so it includes two tenses. After that you would say where you want to go and you could talk about why you want to go there.

ReputationRep:
    Or:

If I won the lottery I'd go to.... Because...

Si je gagnais la loterie, j'irais à... Car...

ReputationRep:
    There is a lot of help online, for example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit...daysrev1.shtml

Do you know what grade you're working at? And do you want help and assistance or someone to do it for you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 9 so this isn't for GCSE so level 6/7 and rachel, anything you could do would be great.

ReputationRep:
    you shoudl talk about the weather. as in: when it was rainy we watched movies, but when it was sunny we went out.... stuff like that. always use conectives like: before that, and then...... you get the idea. if you ask your teacher, im sure they would say what you could include. my teacher told us

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.