Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Things changing as relationship goes on.. Watch

When I met my boyfriend things happened really fast, we already knew each other from a few years ago and I did already like him when we went on our first 'date'. Within two weeks we were together and it was amazing, exciting, loved being with him, couldn't keep my hands off him etc. Fast forward 10 months and things are so different, I do still love him but I don't know if it's in the same way as I did when we got together. I feel like it's more of a 'need' love because I've got so attached to him and used to him being in my life. Things aren't exciting anymore and our relationship is in a routine. I want to stay with him but I want our relationship to feel new and exciting again, what can I do? I can't bare the thought of breaking up with him, and I know feelings do change as relationships go on like being more comfortable, getting into more of a routine, depending on each other. But I am bored of how it is, is this really bad and a sign I should leave, or is it fixable? I feel like I've been trying for ages to 'fix' it and I've been trying to go out more, go on days out with him but he is happy with the 'routine' our relationship has, and now because I am home from uni all the time because I've finished there's no excitement of waiting all week to see him on the weekend etc, he lives just down the road so we see each other whenever we want, and it's kind of not exciting I know it should be but when we see each other so often - it doesn't have that excitement attached to it and I don't miss him anymore!

ReputationRep:
    To me it just seems like you've both got through the honeymoon stage and have become comfortable/settled. Being comfortable/settled isn't always for everyone but I wish you well

(Original post by Mel1215)
    To me it just seems like you've both got through the honeymoon stage and have become comfortable/settled. Being comfortable/settled isn't always for everyone but I wish you well
    Thanks

I'm sure we'll be okay! Don't know if it's because I'm leaving uni and don't know where I'm going next with my life that I'm feeling a bit strange about everything at the moment. I guess that's just how relationships are after a while!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.