Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    studying criminology at leeds met sept 2013 grades depending but am lost on what to choose for first year accommodation.

Opal is attractive because of its social side, its stupidly overpriced so i've ruled it it but i don't want to miss out on the social side of it, thinking of Liberty Park because its next door to Opal but is cheaper, also considering Mill Street?

What's everyone's opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennettjsm)
    studying criminology at leeds met sept 2013 grades depending but am lost on what to choose for first year accommodation.

Opal is attractive because of its social side, its stupidly overpriced so i've ruled it it but i don't want to miss out on the social side of it, thinking of Liberty Park because its next door to Opal but is cheaper, also considering Mill Street?

What's everyone's opinion?
    I was the same with Opal and I chose Mill Street! It's still supposed to be social but its cheaper and the gym is included in the rent unlike Opal AND there's bars, clubs and shops near by because its really central in Leeds and not far from the bus and train station and not far from the uni. I'm planning on making it social anyway I'm not having no quiet time in halls I'd hate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieLowndes)
    I was the same with Opal and I chose Mill Street! It's still supposed to be social but its cheaper and the gym is included in the rent unlike Opal AND there's bars, clubs and shops near by because its really central in Leeds and not far from the bus and train station and not far from the uni. I'm planning on making it social anyway I'm not having no quiet time in halls I'd hate it!
    still havent chosen, toying with kirkstall now. you heard anything about bills at Mill Street? i read that you have to pay bills, that they're not included in your rent? :confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    still havent chosen, toying with kirkstall now. you heard anything about bills at Mill Street? i read that you have to pay bills, that they're not included in your rent? :confused::confused::confused:
    Just wanted to clarify the paying your own bills bit for Mill Street - Water is included in the cost of the rent and a £6 per person per week energy supplement is paid to Unipol for gas and electricity at the same time as the rent. Usage is monitored monthly and refunds are given if overpayment is made.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely mill street! everyone ive spoken to from any halls has said they wished they chose here, especially people from Opal! cheap taxis for nights out, really close to town, 2 mins from bus station and just dead good accommodation, not expensive in comparison to others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoeecox)
    Definitely mill street! everyone ive spoken to from any halls has said they wished they chose here, especially people from Opal! cheap taxis for nights out, really close to town, 2 mins from bus station and just dead good accommodation, not expensive in comparison to others.
    chosen mill street man see ya come september, hopefully

ReputationRep:
    chosen mill street man see ya come september, hopefully
    Woo!

ReputationRep:
    I already live in Leeds and I've heard Mill street is supposed to be one of the best as its cheaper, a free gym, and very sociable, which is a good thing And its so close to town and the best places for a good night out I've applied for here, can't wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessswin)
    I already live in Leeds and I've heard Mill street is supposed to be one of the best as its cheaper, a free gym, and very sociable, which is a good thing And its so close to town and the best places for a good night out I've applied for here, can't wait
    Exact same reasons I want to go! I can't wait either!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.