Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I dont know where to study. I am planning to do business studies and possibly become a teacher or just work in industry. I will be the first in my family to go to UNI

My choices are Uni of Liverpool vs Sheffield Hallam.

-With Hallam I can stay at home or go to accommdation, save money, continue with my part time job so more money so I can have a better social outings, buy a car etc.
    My life will not change dramatically, I will just be adding to it. Maybe this would allow me to get a better grades? Because

-With Liverpool, I will Have to quit my job, most of my money will go on accommodation, so I will have a little left over. I will have to start again making friends. I have been told that in Liverpool it is hard to find part time jobs with good hours.

According to UNIstats both courses have 70% and 69% employment after 6 months. I know Liverpool is a red brick and Russell group, with prestige. Maybe this will mean better long term employment prospects/more connections?? Furthermore it seems more people get first class and 2.1 degrees. But overall short term employment is 1% higher at Hallam.

thanks you for reading, I would appreciate any help, advice and comments.

(sorry about spelling, grammar, I am on my phone,)

ReputationRep:
    help anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm in the same boat as you but I've decided to go to hallam and live in a accomodation and start a fresh. I Dont know why but I feel like I need a fresh start and a new beginning. What course are you studying by the way? I'll be the first member of my family to go to uni too! Totally understand what you mean you're probably like me and are worrying about money. Maybe you could test the water maybe and switch to liverpool after your first year?

I hope this helps =)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.