Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I dont know where to study. I am planning to do business studies and possibly become a teacher or just work in industry. I will be the first in my family to go to UNI

My choices are Uni of Liverpool vs Sheffield Hallam.

-With Hallam I can stay at home or go to accommdation, save money, continue with my part time job so more money so I can have a better social outings, buy a car etc.
    My life will not change dramatically, I will just be adding to it. Maybe this would allow me to get a better grades? Because

-With Liverpool, I will Have to quit my job, most of my money will go on accommodation, so I will have a little left over. I will have to start again making friends. I have been told that in Liverpool it is hard to find part time jobs with good hours.

According to UNIstats both courses have 70% and 69% employment after 6 months. I know Liverpool is a red brick and Russell group, with prestige. Maybe this will mean better long term employment prospects/more connections?? Furthermore it seems more people get first class and 2.1 degrees. But overall short term employment is 1% higher at Hallam.

thanks you for reading, I would appreciate any help, advice and comments.

(sorry about spelling, grammar, I am on my phone,)

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'd go for Hallam, I know a couple of students with financial issues and they are working so hard on their financial issues, that their grades have dropped a fair bit. Students who are worrying about other issues don't tend to do so well on their course.

ReputationRep:
    * Dont get obsessed with League Table stats - they dont actually tell you if you will enjoy the course, or if you will get a job at the end of it.

* Look at the course descriptions. No two Business Studies course will be exactly the same. Read the detailed descriptions of each unit/module/option in all of the 3 years of the course. What would you choose? Also, check what extras might be available - optional language courses, courses from other Depts, placements and/or Year Abroad etc. Although the city/Uni environment is important, there is no point going there if the course itself is not what you want to do. Three years is a very long time if you are bored.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.