Change From Yr11 To Sixth Form Watch

her-own-wings
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ahh I can't wait to start. I'm so enthusiastic about my subjects - I bet I won't want to go home on the first day, hahah. I love school, I used to cry on the weekends when I was little because I had to leave school. Oh dearrr.

Like you, Jordan, my sixth form's just had a 5.5m part added to it so it's pretty damn huge/new/amazing/wow. It does feel pretty strange.. wheras the old part of the building just feels like a great big Elizabethean school.
x.beth.x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm really really excited about starting sixth form on Wednesday! Absolutely can't wait

Just a bit worried that they will make us do tests as soon as we get back or something to decided how clever we are I haven't done any work since June so I am starting to worry the teachers are going to think I am a complete idiot before I've even started Can someone please reassure me that they won't give us really really hard tests as soon as we get back?
AisAis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
/\

They won't give you really hard tests when you get back.
Zygroth
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by dancingbeth)
I haven't done any work since June so I am starting to worry the teachers are going to think I am a complete idiot before I've even started
Because the rest of us have been working 24/7 in the holidays even if they do give tests :rolleyes:
Metal_Gear
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Good luck to all of those who are starting 6th form this week or next. 6th Form is a completely different experience to Year 11. My only advice to those who are about to start is to simply give it 100% from the get go, A-Levels are so much harder then GCSEs. Revision begins pretty much from the get-go
D00
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I go to college tomorrow for a tutorial. what is this about?
harmonyy.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I cant wait!
A new start. Yaaaay.
And its going to be mixed, it will be intersting having boys in our lessons.
i need to buy all my stuff!!
The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have an half day induction of Wednesday.

What will this consist of? Will there be proper lessons?
thepiglette
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
woooooooo sixth form tmo!
Misreadable
Report 11 years ago
I'm excited and nervous about sixth form tomorrow. From what I here it is a completely different experience to GCSE's and I can't wait for it to begin. GCSE's were lame lol.
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
I agree, I hated GCSEs. I'm glad to be going to a new place, doing subjects I enjoy.
Vesta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The work is so different in AS. Much more of a jump than I thought.
AisAis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My sister just told me the teachers give you really hard stuff straight away to shock you into working harder. Well, at my school apprently. Although I wouldn't have thought they'd care that much, but oh well!

I'm being the only person in my school to take AS history without the GCSE. It's against their entry requirements. When I signed on for it yesterday the teacher was saying how I'd have to work really hard right fromt he start, how I'd find it really difficult, and how the first exam would be really, really important for me.

Oh lovely.

At the moment I'm just deciding what neckless I want to wear tommorow. To long-pedant or to short-chunky? that is the question.
Chezua
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
just had my enrolment day, and now i want to rant about it.

enrolment - 2 pm
got out of house - noon
walk to a bus stop - 50 mins :mad:
wait for the bus - 30 mins :mad::mad:
on the bus: 30 mins :mad:
wait for teachers having lunch - 20 mins
appointment at last, ARGH I'M LOST!! WhTF'S THE MAIN HALL?! - (lost for 15 mins)
actual enrolment - 2 HOURS AND A HALF :mad:
home time: wait for bus again - 20 mins
on the bus - 40 mins
walk to house - 50 mins
home - FAINT

and i'm actually forced to take critical thinking :mad: hell! :argh:
her-own-wings
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ohhh I love it. Such a huge jump though. I love how nobody tells us what to do, we're expected to guide ourselves. Ie when to take notes.
Misreadable
Report 11 years ago
Sixth Form has been great! So much more laid back than GCSE's, even though the work is so much harder. For once I am actually excited about going to school
rotor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The jump to AS french is mad.
The lessons are conducted so differently to my old school, the teacher speaks ONLY in french and I actually dont have a clue what he's saying.
He asked me for the answer and i didnt know and I pronounced it all wrong and he asked me questions and I didnt know what he was saying and it just was awful.
x.beth.x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by rotor)
The jump to AS french is mad.
The lessons are conducted so differently to my old school, the teacher speaks ONLY in french and I actually dont have a clue what he's saying.
He asked me for the answer and i didnt know and I pronounced it all wrong and he asked me questions and I didnt know what he was saying and it just was awful.
Ditto with German. I feel like I have already made a fool of myself.
rotor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have already, im really behind from teh class and I never know the answer to any question he asks..and tghe class are soo clever and they know the answer and I just feel
purple-girl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, it seems to be a lot different to lower down the school already. There's a common room, and free lessons that 6th formers have. Also there're only 4 (or 5 for mad people) lessons. There's loads of new people to make friends with, and lessons are different, especially if you're not with any friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.37%
No - but I will (17)
5.4%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.89%

Watched Threads