Change From Yr11 To Sixth Form Watch

Aleeece123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by w04andia)
it's quite good. the common room is a bit dry though... y13s monopolising it grrrrrr
we have the opposite, the year 12s have stolen the entire common room :eek: I am not happy!
Pneus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Started today, it was actually fun! Had my first lessons of Physics and Chemistry. The thing I noticed the most was the complete change in attitude from the teachers towards us. They were so much more relaxed. Oh and also the lack of disruption during lessons from people being idiots.

(Original post by w04andia)
it's quite good. the common room is a bit dry though... y13s monopolising it grrrrrr
It managed to stay quite even at my school. However the year 12s all stood in the middle feeling a wee bit lost.
paniking_and_not_revising
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have a feeling college will be hard. I was one of those lazy students who would just sit and talk all lessons. I still passed without working very much
goldlock
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks for all of this, guys; I start on the 15th (induction on the 14th), so I'm really combing this thread
Seabear11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
omg sixth form is hell i shud have enjoyed yr 11 more.
the jump is actually really big once you experience it yourself.
i dont understand half the things my physics teacher say anymore. expect LOADS of homework everyday
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not good with homework

In total I completed 20% of all my homework in year 11.
Sparkly-Star
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am starting on Monday. I'm kind of looking forward to it in a way!
Doublereedfreak
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've done more homework this week than the entire year of yr 11. =/
6th form is bogus.
InkFromMyPen
Report 9 years ago
I'm quite liking it at the moment! Haha. I think i'll be whistling a different tune once the lessons have actually started properly!! we've just been doing crappy introduction lessons. lol
Phranchesskah
Report 9 years ago
Starting college tomorrow! I'll be walking (even though there are about 100 bus routes that go there) so I just worked out my route, so I don't get lost. eeee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm so not ready for college. Really.

Nothing prepared. No folders. Can't find much stationery. Sorted out train ticket for this week though. And still haven't made much of an improvement on my homework.
Doublereedfreak
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I spent most of today doing homework and I'm still not done. o.O
Not even time for music practice :'(
goldlock
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
****, induction tomorrow
Proper nervous; I don't even have a pencil case
Anyone else have an induction on the 14th?
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have induction part 2 tomorrow goldlock!

doublereedfreak, same here.

Why do we get so much work?
Doublereedfreak
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have no idea but I got so much last week and it wasn't even a full week! :eek3:
I hope I get back into my groooove ahaa.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got it all on my induction! We haven't even started yet!
goldlock
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow panik, you got homework from the induction? Did you have lessons then? Ours is just an assembly, IT help and getting to know your form
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hmm, not exactly. We just went to classrooms and collected homework and introduction packs.

No assembly. 900 students won't fit into our main hall.
mammamia:0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
gah i am drowning under all this work and i still keep taking on extra things like open evenings! someone knock some sense into me!
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lottsie93)
ARGH GUYS! I just CANT DO AS LEVELS! All my other friends are managing fine and with 10 A*s and 1 A in GCSE's I thought I'd get on fine but in some subjects- Biol and chem the step up is just horrible and I just dont know how to adapt. I dont feel settled even though Ive been at the school for 5 years and know all the teachers. Does it get better? ...Right now Im tempted to find myself a rich husband... xxxx
You'll get used to it. Essentially at the end of the day you are year 11 students who have had a 12 week summer, so it's to be expected to find things tough to begin with :sadnod:

Make sure you ask if you are not sure on something now rather than later and try to keep on top of homework and it'll get easier :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads