Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello guys i have a question about starting uni,
    1) firstly when moving in, how easy is it to make friends and go to events, such as do people in dorms come and say hello, and do people invite you to events and how can i find out which are on before i go and who else i going to that uni before i get there
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry.
    Keep your door open, smile and people everyone will be approaching everyone.
    Eventa will be all over facebook and people will be selling tickets everywhere.
    Honestly it's easy as pie just enjoy it and don't worry!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Aran,

Keep an eye on your emails and post, since you will be getting lots of invitations in the lead up to September! Your universities Student's Union will be holding lots of events during fresher's week, which aim to get you talking to people and making new friends.

When you move in to your halls of residence you will find that most people will congregate in social areas like the kitchen or lounge for the first few nights, so go out and introduce yourself! Don't wait around for people to come and talk to you, since they may be doing the same thing...

Make the most of your free time before you start classes, sign up to a sports club or society during freshers fair and i'm sure you will make lots of friends in no time!

Hope this has helped,

Stacey

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.