Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Got My New Car Recently,

Feel free to say whatever you want..

This is what it looked like when i bought it"

And now:

Love It So Much!! Pleasure to drive,

Have some plans for it, alloys are going to be dark polished, and it's getting lowered 60mm
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
very gut, but the first pic-a-ture doesnt come up!
Cortez
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
'this is what it was like when i bought it'

i dont see anything ...

and what car is it?
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Cortez)
'this is what it was like when i bought it'

i dont see anything ...

and what car is it?
2001 polo?
maxzara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Sorry sorted it out now.. resized pics as well.. It's a POLO!!
Kingspharm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is it a 2001 or older? I thought Polos had two part headlights?

Need to fill in the little gap in the bonnet where the new grille has the VW badge missing! Nice stereo though.
maxzara
Rep:
?
Yer, that's in the pipeline along with other things, a bit tied up with exams, this one is a 2000 model, well bought it off a granny Fitted a nice stereo with ipod connectivity.
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It looks like a 1.4 Polo.
Changed the bonnet and stuck on an ABT badge.

I like the car when you first bought it. Sorry bud, but that bonnet has just devalued your car, and if you continue to put stupid wheels on it, which won't go unless you have the arches rolled and suspension dropped 60mm, its going to look laughable.

The current wheels are nice, and so was the bonnet. In fact the only things I would of (not definitely) done, would of been to drop it 30mm at a push, polo gti rear hood spoiler, and put some chrome mirrors on. Then work on the interior. And i might not of even done that.
Cessie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I really would have kept the badge - looks much better IMO. I liked the car how it was - I'd be happy with one of them!
maxzara
Rep:
?
Chrome mirrors spoil it.. I don't really intend on doing it up over the top if you know what i mean. I am keeping the wheels, just getting them chromed. I don't know how much you know about polos, but they sit extremely high, right now there's a good 6/8 cm gap between the wheel and the top of the arch, so dropping it 60mm isn't going to worsen it at all.
And it's not an ABT Badge, it's a Kamei Grille, which is a German Volkswagen modification firm. The devaluation of the car doesn't really bother me that much, especially as I'm only having it for a few years and then it's getting passed onto my sister.
I had a look at a GTi rear spoiler, but currently a bit short on money..
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^ Gti rear spoiler isn't a lot if you search right.
And as for not going over the top - you already have by replacing the bonnet. Trust me about a 60mm drop - that is extortionate if they are residing on the original 15"s. You will need less, like 30mm (thats why I said 30mm).

If you drop it by what your saying, you would be risking making your car look even more stupid. You can only normally drop a car that much if you have upgraded the size to compensate for the balance.

Chrome mirrors is not over-doing it. But then, you and I obviously have very different ideas.
lemonadeX
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Very nice car Lovin' tha dashboard.

How much did it set you back?
maxzara
Rep:
?
30mm looks alright on a normal car like a Corsa or a Clio because they sit at least 30mm lower than the polo originally,
Here's how high a polo sits normally:

here's a picture of what a car dropped by 60 will look like, this i think is the ideal height:

the bonnet hasn't been replaced, but in the end this is down to opinions.
maxzara
Rep:
?
This car is on 30k miles, well below average, one lady owner when i bought it, and is a very rare 1.4 SE model, so this cost me 4200, I've been told this approximately what it's worth, possible even more
Ryan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Looks like a 4x4 mate, needs slamming on it's arse!!
maxzara
Rep:
?
You should tell that to walshie, he thinks dropping 30 is over the top
The D
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by maxzara)
Sorry sorted it out now.. resized pics as well.. It's a POLO!!
I see, I was just wondering whether it's a golf or a polo. Is it the one with a 100bhp engine/ or 7xbhp ?
maxzara
Rep:
?
75, i was thinking about getting the one with 100 break but its insurance group 10 compared to 6 for this one.. thats a 400 quid difference a year to a person with 1 years ncb
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mate that top piccy you put up has 14" rims on!

If you think 60mm is ideal for 15"s, well than do it. Your choice. I'm just giving you my opinion. And from previous cars that I have seen dropped by 60mm on normal 15"s, it looks mightily silly. 30mm is required.

Oh - and it looks like the bottom pic has had its arches rolled.
davemarkey
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by maxzara)
Chrome mirrors spoil it.. I don't really intend on doing it up over the top if you know what i mean. I am keeping the wheels, just getting them chromed. I don't know how much you know about polos, but they sit extremely high, right now there's a good 6/8 cm gap between the wheel and the top of the arch, so dropping it 60mm isn't going to worsen it at all.
And it's not an ABT Badge, it's a Kamei Grille, which is a German Volkswagen modification firm. The devaluation of the car doesn't really bother me that much, especially as I'm only having it for a few years and then it's getting passed onto my sister.
I had a look at a GTi rear spoiler, but currently a bit short on money..
oh dear!

also, have u changed the bonnet? - i can't see any difference :confused:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (61)
38.13%
No - but I will (5)
3.13%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (84)
52.5%

Watched Threads