My New Car Watch

This discussion is closed.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^ No he changed the grill. For one minute, it did look changed; but it was the grill. It does give it a wierd look.
l1ncs
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
looks like a nice little car apart from the gay grille
Lofty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sorry. but i think it looked a million times better before it was modified! Personally i think you should either buy a car that you like the look of in the first place, or modify it really well.

I have only ever seen one modified car that i really liked, that was a 2004 Corsa. Everything had been done on it, body kit, insides, lights, but the finish was great, metallic light green, looked a brilliant car!

Yours just looks a little 'chavved up' to me Which wheels do you have on it now? The top ones looks OK, the ones with loads of spokes on them look 'orrible.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I would not have paid any more than £3000 for it myself, but that is exactly why I would never buy a Polo, they cost too much for what they are especialy the old version you have.

You may as well stick a GTi (great ***** inside) while you're at it.

The thing I don't get is it is a 1.4 so it is not a fast car, why try and make it look like one?

I assume you're insurance company also knows about all these mods?

Sorry if I sound negative, I just don't understand why people won't to mod ordinary shopping trolly cars.
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^ Completely agree with you Lofty. If he is not careful, this car will fast turn into a car which is only suitable for the streets of Southend.

If you wanted to max out a car, why did you not choose a Paxo? These cars go hand in hand with modifications, but a 1.4 Polo which is half decent, err - no.

Oh - this is a car that is 60mm dropped on standard rims:
http://www.306gti6.com/gallery/show-image.php?id=4913

And this is a standard car wihtout a drop:
http://www.306gti6.com/gallery/show-image.php?id=4910

So now you can see why 30mm would make sense. The last picture shows an easy brick width between tyre and chassis. Same as the Polo.
maxzara
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
in the end it's all down to personal taste, if you don't like it then that's your view. The pictures don't give it justice, i do not intend on modifying it to look like a MaxPower Saxo or anything else, once it's done it will look refined. The bonnet needs getting done, but it takes time and exams are on, so very stressed. The Peugeuot has a smaller gap between the arches than the polo, believe me I know, i have friends who used to work for Ripspeed and have connections in places like R-Tec. 60mm for the polo will still give it a good clearance between the arch.
The car isn't gonna have an exhaust, im not trying to make it look like a subaru, its a small polo, that is meant to look good.
Some people prefer to buy a car than stick with it, I'd rather have something unique, that when people see drive by and say hmmmm that's nice. People on this board have a very different view to people out there....
About the wheels, I'm keeping the ones in the original picture, just going to be darker. I don't like the BBS RM rims, think they're a bit ugly.
A lot of people say that Polos are overpriced, but if you get yourself a mint example it's a piece of brilliance, German engineering is the best in the world. People can go out and buy a 2004 Fiat or Renault for same money, but watch them break down every single month and find yourself dreading that you didn't buy something more reliable.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My dad had a Punto for four years, it went to a garage twice a year, once for a service and once for the MOT.
maxzara
Rep:
?
That has to be the most reliable punto ever, but then i suppose it wasn't driven with average miles (10k a year) and had oil and filters changed every year
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Who do you know at R-Tec?
I used to have a mate that worked there as well which I'm sure would have pointed you in the right direction. I'm not even sure if he still works there.
maxzara
Rep:
?
Well basically, one of my friends' brother knows Jason Ripp, who is the owner, his dad actually set up Ripspeed and sold it on to Halfords, if any of you know that.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The punto did 12k city miles a year and was used as a van so had lots of abuse.

We only got rid of it because it was written off.
lowpolo
Report 12 years ago
give the guy a break walshie whover you are.
you obviously know nothing about the Euro scene.
and if you think -30mm is low enough you need your head testing!

First of all that bottom pic hasnt had its arches rolled, that is standard oem 6n2 mk5 arches which are slightly flared anyway.

Secondly it isn't an abt badge, its a kamei grille with a K A M E I badge on it surprisingly.

Thirdly a Gti spoiler is not worth getting because of its integrated third brake light, and because all other models featured a third brake light you would invariably have two and it would look crap.

Fourthly you do NOT need the arches rolled at -60mm you plank lol, i know a few people who have dropped to -110mm without rubbing. its all to do with offset, et of the wheels man.

Fifthly chrome mirrors are chav and belong in southend

sixthly your probably just jealous you ain't old enough to even drive and mummy cant afford to buy you a car.

in future if you want to slant someones creativity, expect it back in return.
Cortez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lowpolo)

First of all that bottom pic hasnt had its arches rolled, that is standard oem 6n2 mk5 arches which are slightly flared anyway.

Secondly it isn't an abt badge, its a kamei grille with a K A M E I badge on it surprisingly.

Thirdly a Gti spoiler is not worth getting because of its integrated third brake light, and because all other models featured a third brake light you would invariably have two and it would look crap.

Fourthly you do NOT need the arches rolled at -60mm you plank lol, i know a few people who have dropped to -110mm without rubbing. its all to do with offset, et of the wheels man.

sixthly your probably just jealous you ain't old enough to even drive and mummy cant afford to buy you a car.

Whats your real TSR username then? :laugh:

I find it hard to beleive you signed up on here to have a go at Walshie ...
Powerful_Robot
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Cortez)
Whats your real TSR username then? :laugh:

I find it hard to beleive you signed up on here to have a go at Walshie ...
lol I also find that pretty amusing.
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lowpolo)

Bruvs, do me a favour and don't comment. Quite clearly, if you think you can drop your car 110mm on a VW Polo you need your head testing.
I have quite clearly shown you pictures of what a car looks liek with a 60mm drop. Even on an old **** heap of a Polo, (which in that photo was so blooming old), you will need your arches rolled. It looks pants.

Your 2nd paragraph is a contradiction, saying its not flared, and then it is. It is, and its sitting on 14"s. Don't talk to me about flipping mods you clown, because I could run you into the ground.

And your sixthly comment is even more laughable! I'm not even going to respond to that; amateur.

The only people who attend R-tec are indeed chavs. So please, don't bother commenting. You're obviously at the very early stages of driving. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, I will make sure I do give me mate a buzz to keep an eye out for a clown who indeed wants his VW Polo dropped 60mm (presuming he still works there from about 2 years back).

Oh - the grill looks ****.
Navajo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OMG drop it and get some bigger rims. Tidy it up with some better kit and ur away. But don't go nuts as it's only a 1.4.

Saying that one of my mates has modded up a 1.6 Golf to look lke an R32, but it's still cool :p:
maxzara
Rep:
?
(Original post by walshie)
Bruvs, do me a favour and don't comment. Quite clearly, if you think you can drop your car 110mm on a VW Polo you need your head testing.
I have quite clearly shown you pictures of what a car looks liek with a 60mm drop. Even on an old **** heap of a Polo, (which in that photo was so blooming old), you will need your arches rolled. It looks pants.

Your 2nd paragraph is a contradiction, saying its not flared, and then it is. It is, and its sitting on 14"s. Don't talk to me about flipping mods you clown, because I could run you into the ground.

And your sixthly comment is even more laughable! I'm not even going to respond to that; amateur.

The only people who attend R-tec are indeed chavs. So please, don't bother commenting. You're obviously at the very early stages of driving. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, I will make sure I do give me mate a buzz to keep an eye out for a clown who indeed wants his VW Polo dropped 60mm (presuming he still works there from about 2 years back).

Oh - the grill looks ****.
You crack me up so much, you pretend to know so much about cars but indeed shown so little. Firstly, you thought my bonnet was changed, do you really think i would buy a bonnet with a hole in it???
You can call a polo a piece of ****, but in the end it's probably 100 times better than whatever you have, which is most probably a filthy dirty double decker bus.
If you indeed knew what flared arches look like, then you would be 100% certain to see that those are original.
I'd like to see you say those comments about R-Tec to some people I know who drive the most beautiful skylines, there may be a few chavs out there, but by recomending chrome mirrors you just stuck yourself in the BIG CHAV category.
If you have any idea about lowering cars, you would know that every car is different, and it's absolutely no ****ing use comparing a polo to a ****ty Peuguot.
And by the way thanks for providing entertainment for plenty of us cracking up reading your posts
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can we just play nicely now please? Max I suggest you do want you want to your car, just don't complain when you crash it and the insurance company won't pay up because they were not told about the mods.
Jon.
Report 12 years ago
Walshie- You should have bought a 306 Rallye instead of you gti-6, bet it really winds you up the fact that yours isnt the fastest 306 they made - owel nevermined. :tsr2:
maxzara
Rep:
?
(Original post by AT82)
Can we just play nicely now please? Max I suggest you do want you want to your car, just don't complain when you crash it and the insurance company won't pay up because they were not told about the mods.
They're all declared actually.. I don't mind when people express their opinions in a decent way, but not go off tossing other people off, once they do i feel like they should be put in the right place
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads