Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22123386

This was posted by BBC today. So what is everyones thought about this article.

I think Kidney is one of the very important organ of the body and developments of such advances maybe of possible benefits in the future to the growing number of patients with kidney problems.

ReputationRep:
    Its amazing how far science has come, and this is evidence of that!

Controversy aside, I think it is unbelievable that while this is of course early day, it is on the way to being effective, and could potentially cause dramatic changes for those awaiting transplants in the future.

As said in the article, so many people need transplants and there are so few donors, and this could reduce dependance on less efficient treatment methods such as dialysis making life so much easier for so many.

ReputationRep:
    How cool :coma:

ReputationRep:
    not surprised anymore since the i read about 3d printing being applied to meat/tissue... i assume that may be how they made it.

watched an interesting video about self constructing 3d printing where the things you make construct themselves like their example small scale chair (**** you IKEA ). would be cool if they could apply this to organs etc... self constructing organs...if this were possible, perhaps this could be applied to limbs in general..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.