Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I dont know where to study. I am planning to do business studies and possibly become a teacher or just work in industry. I will be the first in my family to go to UNI

My choices are Uni of Liverpool vs Sheffield Hallam.

-With Hallam I can stay at home or go to accommdation, save money, continue with my part time job so more money so I can have a better social outings, buy a car etc.
    My life will not change dramatically, I will just be adding to it. Maybe this would allow me to get a better grades? Because

-With Liverpool, I will Have to quit my job, most of my money will go on accommodation, so I will have a little left over. I will have to start again making friends. I have been told that in Liverpool it is hard to find part time jobs with good hours.

According to UNIstats both courses have 70% and 69% employment after 6 months. I know Liverpool is a red brick and Russell group, with prestige. Maybe this will mean better long term employment prospects/more connections?? Furthermore it seems more people get first class and 2.1 degrees. But overall short term employment is 1% higher at Hallam.

But overall liverpool means I will leave my family
    thanks you for reading, I would appreciate any help, advice and comments.

(sorry about spelling, grammar, I am on my phone,)
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I lived at home whilst at uni and I feel I've saved a lot of money compared to my friends. You're going to make new friends no matter what uni you go to as it's doubtful all your friends from school are going to the same uni and will be on the same course. And I prefered working whilst at uni as it meant I could do fun things.

From Glasgow so I don't know about those specific unis. Just my two pence :P

ReputationRep:
    go to Hallam, i think it's quite obvious from your post which one you want to go to don't feel you have to leave home, if you want to stay by all means you'll save a lot of money. You'll make friends fine at uni if you join clubs etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.