Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I thought I was clear of all STD's as the nurse took a swab for STD's and also another one to check for thrush. I recently found out that they didn't actually bother testing the one for STD's so, IF I have chlamydia it's likely I'd have had it years and probably infertile now.

The reason I think it's a false positive is that my partner tested NEGATIVE for chlamydia. Surely it would have passed with regular, unprotected sex for 6 months?

I also asked some of my previous partners and they were negative for it too.

The nurse practitioner at my GP surgery was adamant that it's impossible to get a false positive, but I was reading about it and the NHS says you actually can get a false positive...

I've taken the antibiotics in case but I'm worried it's something else... I've had a test for gonorrhoea and that was negative... could it be anything else?

I'm so annoyed right now... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I thought I was clear of all STD's as the nurse took a swab for STD's and also another one to check for thrush. I recently found out that they didn't actually bother testing the one for STD's so, IF I have chlamydia it's likely I'd have had it years and probably infertile now.

The reason I think it's a false positive is that my partner tested NEGATIVE for chlamydia. Surely it would have passed with regular, unprotected sex for 6 months?

I also asked some of my previous partners and they were negative for it too.

The nurse practitioner at my GP surgery was adamant that it's impossible to get a false positive, but I was reading about it and the NHS says you actually can get a false positive...

I've taken the antibiotics in case but I'm worried it's something else... I've had a test for gonorrhoea and that was negative... could it be anything else?

I'm so annoyed right now... :/

When did your parnter test negative? Have either of you slept with another person since? That would be the only way you could have caught it.

Also, you would have almost certainly caught it if your partner had it and you have been having sex for that length of time.

Partner tested negative today, and neither of us have slept with anyone else.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Has your partner had any antibiotics for anything else? It's possible that they had it but it cleared up without them knowing

Nope...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.