Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm nearly finished with my GCSE's and I've picked Geography, French, Business and Computing at my options. For Sixth Form I'm planning on taking Maths, Statistics, Economics and another. Are these good choices for doing Economics. P.S I'm seeking a career path as a Stock Market Trader

ReputationRep:
    i'd do further maths over stats just because they 'strongly prefer' it. otherwise they're a solid choice, pretty much what they ask you to have.

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the title meant to be "What exactly do I need to do to do Economics at LSE?" You missed a fantastic opportunity.
    Edit: What you're doing is fine as long as you get great GCSE's, great A Level predictions, a great reference and a great PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purity)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the title meant to be "What exactly do I need to do to do Economics at LSE?" You missed a fantastic opportunity.
    Edit: What you're doing is fine as long as you get great GCSE's, great A Level predictions, a great reference and a great PS.
    well he goes on to ask about a levels, which suggest the 'what' in the title meant 'what subjects'. but yes i did notice. but i didn't care enough to make a bad joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TPJY)
    well he goes on to ask about a levels, which suggest the 'what' in the title meant 'what subjects'. but yes i did notice. but i didn't care enough to make a bad joke.
    The funny title still makes sense if you substitute what with what subjects. A bad joke is better than no joke if it makes you grin or even just expel air out of your mouth or nose forcibly.
    Edit: but I digest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OrmvjR9ETDQ

ReputationRep:
    If I was you I would do Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics/Chem

Or if you wanna show your well rounded History or Politics as your fourth choice

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place for Economics at LSE, and I'm taking biology, chemistry, physics, maths and f maths you could try having a look at the LSE applicants page to get an idea of common subject combinations http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...king_Page_2013

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purity)
    The funny title still makes sense if you substitute what with what subjects. A bad joke is better than no joke if it makes you grin or even just expel air out of your mouth or nose forcibly.
    Edit: but I digest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OrmvjR9ETDQ
    you digest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TPJY)
    you digest?
    if you watch the video you'll get it...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.