Turn on thread page Beta

Conference about medicine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There's a one-day conference for prospective med. students at the Royal Society of Medicine on the 22nd(Monday) of March. It's all about applying to med schools and how to apply, what the career involves, etc. It should be quite interesting+usefull! It's in london, by the way!
    So is anyone thinking of going? It's quite soon!!! I'm gonna call them tomorrow and find out about it. (It's £15-for the whole day)
    I'm going to have to miss school if i go, hehe

Anna

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_girl)
    There's a one-day conference for prospective med. students at the Royal Society of Medicine on the 22nd(Monday) of March. It's all about applying to med schools and how to apply, what the career involves, etc. It should be quite interesting+usefull! It's in london, by the way!
    So is anyone thinking of going? It's quite soon!!! I'm gonna call them tomorrow and find out about it. (It's £15-for the whole day)

Anna
    That sounds good! I'd like to go. Do you know where in london it is, or if theres a website with more info?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    That sounds good! I'd like to go. Do you know where in london it is, or if theres a website with more info?
    Well, the website for the society is ww.rsm.co.uk, but apparently places were booked 1 year in advance! I called them today, and they said you have to start booking now for next year...

ReputationRep:
    Well, the website for the society is ww.rsm.co.uk, but apparently places were booked 1 year in advance! I called them today, and they said you have to start booking now for next year...
    Oh right, never mind. Must be popular!

pfft do dentistry ))

ReputationRep:
    try this one

www.careerschool.co.uk

v poor website but may mates went last year and said is was good - no bs just the real deal on what being a doc is all about.

sounds like the royal soc one will just go on about how great it is saving ppls lives

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Anna
    I think the more well known ones are Medlink and Medsim which are organised by "Workshop". However, these are 3-4 days long and a LOT more expensive. I went to Medlink in December and am going to Medsim this summer- they are supposed to be useful but not prerequisite for medschool entry. I thought Medlink was good in informing me on how to apply etc. but the whole set-up is WAY too commercial- they sell so much additional crap it's unbelievable e.g, labcoats, stethoscope "upgrade", oxbridge session

ReputationRep:
    i'd still suggest taking a look at the www.careerschool.co.uk - they sound like have ppl speaking who are on admissions panels and are honest about getting into to medschool and honest about working as a dr

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.