Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend has serious trust issues. What to do?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically we were out down in the gay bars last night (as we work there) with some friends and I got drunk and started dancing with some friends and started dancing with a gay guy whilst still with my friends and my boyfriend kicked off about it - he also said that a guy walked past me and grabbed my hips and I grabbed him back and was apparently smiling and staring at him - it was all innocent I was just being friendly. I love my boyfriend with all my heart and I dont look at anyone else like that but he thinks I was flirting with this guy, even though my boyfriend was stood next to me!

Just to clarify, things happened at the start of the relationship which has made him think he can't trust me but that was 6 months ago :/

I'm always getting accused of staring at other people and every time i go out I get a third degree when I get in over if 'anythings happened' and have I behaved.

He said I mugged him off and saying that I was flirting right infront of him :/

I just need some advice on what I can say to him so he knows that he can trust me in the future

was I in the wrong?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phelps)
    So basically we were out down in the gay bars last night (as we work there) with some friends and I got drunk and started dancing with some friends and started dancing with a gay guy whilst still with my friends and my boyfriend kicked off about it - he also said that a guy walked past me and grabbed my hips and I grabbed him back and was apparently smiling and staring at him - it was all innocent I was just being friendly. I love my boyfriend with all my heart and I dont look at anyone else like that but he thinks I was flirting with this guy, even though my boyfriend was stood next to me!

Just to clarify, things happened at the start of the relationship which has made him think he can't trust me but that was 6 months ago :/

I'm always getting accused of staring at other people and every time i go out I get a third degree when I get in over if 'anythings happened' and have I behaved.

He said I mugged him off and saying that I was flirting right infront of him :/

I just need some advice on what I can say to him so he knows that he can trust me in the future

was I in the wrong?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You were in the wrong to act flirtatious with other men in front of him, especially as you were already aware he has trust issues.
    He does sound jealous and possessive to me but you aren't exactly being considerate of his problems with the relationship.
    If you have already done damage so that he cannot trust you, you should get out of the relationship as soon as possible because it will not be successful with trust issues.
    If you really want to make it last, listen to his problems with you. Tell him what you will do within reason to accommodate for his jealousy. If he doesn't accept this reasonable offer then he is probably trying to become controlling due to his jealousy so you should dump him.

ReputationRep:
    I was just having a laugh and a good time and just being friendly with other people - it wasn't intentionally flirting infront of him

Think I'm just trying to justify it because I know in my mind that I love him and wouldn't cheat on him, but he can't see that - its difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phelps)
    x
    I feel like we haven't heard all of the story. What were these 'things' that happened 6 months ago? If they had anything to do with any sort of infidelity you were definitely in the wrong.

I'm pretty sure that most of my male friends would be put off by their partner dancing with other men in front of them. Yeah, sure you were there to have a fun time but why leave your boyfriend there, dancing alone? You went as a couple, you should do things as a couple..

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if it was him doing the same with a girl, would you be OK with that? It was obviously harmless on your part but still a little insensitive. If he has reasons not to trust you then flirting with someone else wasn't the best idea.

ReputationRep:
    I did stuff with another girl when I was drunk... I was and still am very sorry for it..

The guy I was dancing with was gay though, and it was only dancing - and we were dancing as a group and my boyfriend doesn't dance so he was stood with another friend of ours.

I just don't know what to say to him as in my mind it was all innocent but he doesn't see it that way, I just want us to be right :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.