Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is actually in fashion for men, at the moment? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I see people younger than me looking well fashionable.

I am kind of stuck in the shirt-and-chinos look, with white plimsoles, which reeks of 2011, to me.

Sometimes I go in TopMan or River Island and don't really know what to buy. Maybe I'm getting too old

I hate skinny or twisted jeans, so I will NEVER wear them, but what else, TSR, can I obtain to make myself look younger and cooler?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)

I am kind of stuck in the shirt-and-chinos look, with white plimsoles, which reeks of 2011, to me.

Sometimes I go in TopMan or River Island and don't really know what to buy. Maybe I'm getting too old

I hate skinny or twisted jeans, so I will NEVER wear them, but what else, TSR, can I obtain to make myself look younger and cooler?
    You should try a cat pelt. They look great on everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Crocs and socks :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who really gives a ****? If you like something then wear that.

ReputationRep:
    Check out the male fashion thread for ideas and to ask questions..have a look around at other guys when you are out and about and see if you like anything and try to emulate that with your own personal input of course..sites like lookbook..

ReputationRep:
    This is just my opinion and i'm a girl so it's probably doesn't matter much but here:

• aztec t shirts,
    • parkas,
    • jeans will never be out ofc,
    • chinos are still in (as long as they're not brown or cream or some other horrible grandad colour) oxblood and navy blue are great chino colours,
    • vans and low top converse are still in,
    • i think those nike trainers(see photo attached) are decent,
    • desert boots,
    • gilets

that's all i can think of, hope u like at least one or two of these things
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rstar28)
    Crocs and socks :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I saw someone wearing that, I'd be all like:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sausageez)
    This is just my opinion and i'm a girl so it's probably doesn't matter much but here:

• aztec t shirts,
    • parkas,
    • jeans will never be out ofc,
    • chinos are still in (as long as they're not brown or cream or some other horrible grandad colour) oxblood and navy blue are great chino colours,
    • vans and low top converse are still in,
    • i think those nike trainers(see photo attached) are decent,
    • desert boots,
    • gilets

that's all i can think of, hope u like at least one or two of these things
    I love Parkas. One of my mates always wears them and I mean to ask where he gets them.

And what is an Aztec Shirt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chappers-94)
    If I saw someone wearing that, I'd be all like:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Understandably. It is just so irresistible on a man!

ReputationRep:
    Mostly utter *******s.

Where the **** can you buy clothes for blokes? Seriously?

I don't want some trendy skinny jeans that make my *******s feel like their being crushed to within an inch of their life, nor do I want one of the many utterly **** designs that pass for t-shirts, jumpers, hoodies and anything else torso based.

Don't even get me started on hair cuts.

What ever happened to blokes dressing like blokes?

ReputationRep:
    I love Parkas. One of my mates always wears them and I mean to ask where he gets them.

And what is an Aztec Shirt?
    asos and topman have parkas in just now and this is an aztec tshirt (aztec is the type of print) You can go all out with the full aztec print on the shirt or just on the pocket- see photo
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

Which is classic. As opposed to these trends which will die out.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares?

Wear what you feel confident in.

ReputationRep:
    pleaseeee don't buy anything with an Aztec pattern on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Jeans, leather belt, shirt.

ReputationRep:
    Don't wear something just because it's fashionable, don't be a sheep. I saw a crowd of 15-16y/o's in town the other day, they were all wearing the typical **** you would see in topshop, what all the latest celebs are wearing, 1D etc. They all looked the same. Same hair, same clothes, even the same posture. They are either extremely unoriginal or have no personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewk)
    Don't wear something just because it's fashionable, don't be a sheep. I saw a crowd of 15-16y/o's in town the other day, they were all wearing the typical **** you would see in topshop, what all the latest celebs are wearing, 1D etc. They all looked the same. Same hair, same clothes, even the same posture. They are either extremely unoriginal or have no personality.
    Or maybe you are the odd one out and secretly wish to be like them?

ReputationRep:
    Stay classy wear a nice designer shirt with some trousers/slacks [OK maybe not designer shirts all the time but you get the point].

Look like a boss everywhere you go :cool:

Or if you want to keep it a bit more casual some chinos/jeans, although I'm not the greatest fan of jeans, they are typically the 'classy' option for casual wear. Don't wear all the crap that is the 'in' and the fashion nowadays like skinny jeans etc.

Be a man and dress like a man.

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe you are the odd one out and secretly wish to be like them?
    No, I find button up shirts horribly uncomfortable...

'Nuff Said. :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.