Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just a thread for those who want to ask questions and test each other. I finished revising today so im ready when you are.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I'm going to be resitting this exam, got any tips for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Revise everything on the specification.

Do all past papers and go through all mark schemes thoroughly to improve exam technique.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by trrr)
    Revise everything on the specification.

Do all past papers and go through all mark schemes thoroughly to improve exam technique.
    Okay thanks, also what part would you say is the most challenging part of the unit as the majority of it doesn't seem that hard and is mainly memorisation in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt say any part is really challenging but Electronegativity and the cause of van der waal forces took me quite a long time to go over.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Oh okay, thanks I'm just recapping my knowledge now and then doing all the past papers too, hopefully I'll be able to do better than the last few times

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Just recapped the entire first chapter and half of the second one too, I'm quite surprised at how much I can still remember from last year! Just need to go into detail on the electronegativity and onwards part and all the different reactions for group 2 and 7 and all the tests.

I'm hoping I'll be onto the past papers next week at the latest so I'll have about 4 straight weeks to do the past papers, should be fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good just finshed 2 past papers and scored 48 out of 60 twice but didnt even finish the papers. Anyone want to revise?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Did my first past paper last night under exam and time conditions and finished it in 45 minutes with only 2 parts left blank, when marked I got 50/60 so it wasn't too bad, although it did look like a relatively easy exam in my opinion.

I hope the rest of the exams go this way too, if not even better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Got through another paper last night under exam conditions again and scored 54/60 in this one too, just lost some really silly marks on the paper really. It's all looking assuring for the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Does anyone actually follow this thread to take the exam? I'm almost ready for it myself as I've just bashed out 20 exam questions from the end of section part in the book in just over an hour! Lets bring on the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guess not^, you prepared?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.