Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In September I will be starting a foundation year at manchester met, on the finance it gives me two choices of an undergraduate degree or a foundation degree which one do I select? Also the first question states about how much untaxed income has been earned over the past year is this aimed at myself or parents?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Kyle,

Your entitlement to student finance will depend on the type of foundation you're going to be studying.

If this is considered as year 0 of a longer degree course you can apply for funding for this however if this is a standalone or access year we won't be able to provide any finance for this unfortunately.

The untaxed income questions will relate to your parents.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    http://www.foundationyear.mmu.ac.uk/...ting/index.php
    Course number N591, I'm just confused because on the website it states ill be able to get finance
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Kyle,

Yes you'll get funding for this as the course is 4 years so the foundation is integrated into the longer course length.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.