The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Callice Court or Liberty Point?

I am coming from Northern Ireland to go to Coventry uni to study dietetics in September :smile: I know I'd prefer en-suite accommodation, but I am really confused about what accommodation to choose! I think I've narrowed it down to Callice Court or Liberty Point. Can anyone offer their opinion on which one is better for a first year? :/
Reply 1
Hey .. Coming over from Ireland to study Occupational Therapy. Im the same , i was thinking Liberty point but dont know much about it ?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by OrlaithG93
Hey .. Coming over from Ireland to study Occupational Therapy. Im the same , i was thinking Liberty point but dont know much about it ?

It sounds like singer hall is the best accommodation for the social aspect of it but I really wanted en-suite. But Liberty looks good too. The security is apparently very tight though which some people see as a negative. I've not yet applied for Callice Court but it looks like there aren't that many rooms left and I don't know if there'd be as many freshers there? Victoria halls also look good and it's cheaper than Liberty Point. I don't know, I'm so confused about it!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I live in calllice court. I think callice is better as it is opposite the university. Liberty is faaaaaarrrrrrr and no one mixes in with eachother in liberty - plus the security is tight. You can only bring 2 guests in the afternoon, and one at night. My friends there hate it
Reply 4
Original post by andrea_g
It sounds like singer hall is the best accommodation for the social aspect of it but I really wanted en-suite. But Liberty looks good too. The security is apparently very tight though which some people see as a negative. I've not yet applied for Callice Court but it looks like there aren't that many rooms left and I don't know if there'd be as many freshers there? Victoria halls also look good and it's cheaper than Liberty Point. I don't know, I'm so confused about it!

Yea i must look into callice and victoria more.. I just really want my own en suite thats the main thing :frown: and aswel id want to be with first years aswel so we are all in the same boar meeting new people :smile: have you got facebook ? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ma12345
I live in calllice court. I think callice is better as it is opposite the university. Liberty is faaaaaarrrrrrr and no one mixes in with eachother in liberty - plus the security is tight. You can only bring 2 guests in the afternoon, and one at night. My friends there hate it

Thanks :smile: I think I'll look further into Callice and Victoria Halls:smile: Do many first years stay in Callice Court?
Reply 6
Thanks :smile: I think I'll look further into Callice and Victoria Halls:smile: Do many first years stay in Callice Court?

Iv book into Raglan house, Its Student Accomodation with ensuite rooms ... they look really nice and theres a mix of all years living together.. Hope that helps! :smile:
Reply 7
I am coming from Northern Ireland to go to Coventry uni to study dietetics in September :smile: I know I'd prefer en-suite accommodation, but I am really confused about what accommodation to choose! I think I've narrowed it down to Callice Court or Liberty Point. Can anyone offer their opinion on which one is better for a first year? :/

I'd go for Callice! Always heard they were the best and I'm pretty sure Liberty Point is what used to be called Trinity Point, which is further away than Callice is and security is supposedly really bad there. You will be put into a flat with other first years and I know there are a lot there anyway.

Orlaith - Raglan is lovely :smile: it's not in the nicest of areas, I used to live in the street directly behind it, but its all gated etc. so that's not a problem. It's right next door to Singer Hall too and it's only about a 5 min walk to the uni from there.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Caprice.
I'd go for Callice! Always heard they were the best and I'm pretty sure Liberty Point is what used to be called Trinity Point, which is further away than Callice is and security is supposedly really bad there. You will be put into a flat with other first years and I know there are a lot there anyway.

Orlaith - Raglan is lovely :smile: it's not in the nicest of areas, I used to live in the street directly behind it, but its all gated etc. so that's not a problem. It's right next door to Singer Hall too and it's only about a 5 min walk to the uni from there.

Thankyou! I ended up booking into Victoria Halls so hopefully they'll be as good as Callice :smile:
Reply 9
Thankyou! I ended up booking into Victoria Halls so hopefully they'll be as good as Callice :smile:

Hopefully :smile: I've not heard of them before, so I'm guessing they are new - which is always good!!
Reply 10
where can you apply for the Victoria halls? on the website it says its coming soon :/ i wanted to go to liberty,but as im reading this im not too sure anymore.
Reply 11
Original post by banou
where can you apply for the Victoria halls? on the website it says its coming soon :/ i wanted to go to liberty,but as im reading this im not too sure anymore.

Go onto their website and on the top right hand side you can press "book now". I was in exactly the same position. Victoria Halls look really nice. They're new and cheaper than Liberty too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest