Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

are we just friends, friends with benefits or potential to go anywhere!? help! :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 & have recently started liking someone I've been pretty good friends with for 6 years or so, however never looked at him in this way.

We kissed on my birthday & spent all day together at his house after a night out a while ago however after that day we didn't speak much at all & I gave up trying to put the effort in to see if he would return it (which he didn't). We were also in an "open relationship" for a while on Facebook (I know childish but like I said we are friends and it was all a joke) however after not speaking for a month or more I decided to end that before he did & make me out to look the idiot.

However on Saturday night when I was out I text him to see if he was out to which he was but I didn't know he had facebooked me earlier on that night asking me if I was going out (Coinsidence? Haha, although i know be only asked me because he seen i ended the thing on facebook, i know relating everything back to facebook is immature but sure..) anyway turns out we were at different places but I met up with him later on and he came back to mine, he left his jacket at my house and came to collect it today although it was awkward when he came because his friend was in the car as they were going out.

My problem is I thought I was done with it when we hadn't spoke for ages the second time, because frankly it's messing with my head & can see the same thing happening this time, we won't speak for almost a month & then see eachother out again and the same thing will happen. I know it's silly to ask is he just using me because its quite obvious but as we were such good friends I wouldn't like to think he would use me like that and mess up our friendship? I just don't know whether he's being a typical guy and using me or has any real interest but afraid to show it?

should I say something or just get used to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovedrake)
    I'm 18 & have recently started liking someone I've been pretty good friends with for 6 years or so, however never looked at him in this way.

We kissed on my birthday & spent all day together at his house after a night out a while ago however after that day we didn't speak much at all & I gave up trying to put the effort in to see if he would return it (which he didn't). We were also in an "open relationship" for a while on Facebook (I know childish but like I said we are friends and it was all a joke) however after not speaking for a month or more I decided to end that before he did & make me out to look the idiot.

However on Saturday night when I was out I text him to see if he was out to which he was but I didn't know he had facebooked me earlier on that night asking me if I was going out (Coinsidence? Haha, although i know be only asked me because he seen i ended the thing on facebook, i know relating everything back to facebook is immature but sure..) anyway turns out we were at different places but I met up with him later on and he came back to mine, he left his jacket at my house and came to collect it today although it was awkward when he came because his friend was in the car as they were going out.

My problem is I thought I was done with it when we hadn't spoke for ages the second time, because frankly it's messing with my head & can see the same thing happening this time, we won't speak for almost a month & then see eachother out again and the same thing will happen. I know it's silly to ask is he just using me because its quite obvious but as we were such good friends I wouldn't like to think he would use me like that and mess up our friendship? I just don't know whether he's being a typical guy and using me or has any real interest but afraid to show it?

should I say something or just get used to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's acting like he's not interested, so that means he isn't interested. The situation is as it is, not how you want it to be.
    He's not going out of his way to spend time with you, he's not being flirty or anything. In the off chance that he is simply afraid to show interest - you wouldn't want to get involved with him anyways as an overly timid person screams insecurity.
    It's not fair the brand what a typical guy is, but it sounds like this one is messing you around.
    If you like someone you don't wait that amount of time to talk to them. He didn't contact you, thus you are not on his mind.

You can stay friends, just don't let him treat you like that and treat him as he treats you. Don't message him and only respond if he messages you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.