Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody,

I'm currently taking antihistamines and I also have some kind of ear infection and an upset stomach. All of this makes me tired, yet I have to study for my exams that are in one month.

I do not have procrastination/motivation issues but my biggest enemy is lack of sleep/tiredness. If I'm in too much pain or if I haven't slept well the night before because I stayed up to study I will crash on my bed the minute I come back from uni.
    It happened to me this afternoon. In a way it's not my fault since my stomach was hurting really badly but I still wish I could have studied.

I lost some precious hours. I studied afterwards but I feel guilty for not having read the textbook/done exercises more.

Because of my stomach I can't eat acid things or drink coffee, but I'm looking for a way to stay energized.

ReputationRep:
    Your exams are important, most definitely, but don't push yourself too hard, you might end up making yourself worse. Make sure you get enough sleep, else anything you do read you're not going to take it. Take a day or two out to take care of yourself, maybe try going for a walk when you get in from uni to refresh yourself or a shower (this has the opposite effect on me.) Once you feel a little more energized, sit/lay with a hot water bottle and your work and, even if you're just skimming through, it's better than nothing. Make sure you eat as well as you can, as diet can cause fatigue.

tl;dr - put yourself first and try to get better then do little slots of revision when you feel up to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayc3e)
    Hello everybody,

I'm currently taking antihistamines and I also have some kind of ear infection and an upset stomach. All of this makes me tired, yet I have to study for my exams that are in one month.

I do not have procrastination/motivation issues but my biggest enemy is lack of sleep/tiredness. If I'm in too much pain or if I haven't slept well the night before because I stayed up to study I will crash on my bed the minute I come back from uni.
    It happened to me this afternoon. In a way it's not my fault since my stomach was hurting really badly but I still wish I could have studied.

I lost some precious hours. I studied afterwards but I feel guilty for not having read the textbook/done exercises more.

Because of my stomach I can't eat acid things or drink coffee, but I'm looking for a way to stay energized.
    what about some none-concentated fruit juice? Full of sugar, maybe it'll help?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your answers. I had to take a few days off because I wasn't feeling well at all. I'm hoping to start revising again tomorrow but I don't know if I have it in me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.