Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

'Friend' has completely humiliated me watch

She pretended to be a guy off a fake number and pretended to like me. The guy was giving me such flirtatious comments and I fell for it, I was considering dating him. Then, he told me it was all a joke and to not get hurt. This has actually happened to me in the past with a real boy so understandably my self-esteem & confidence have come crashing down and now I'm so insecure that guys just break my heart for fun.

I found out it was my friend yesterday playing the joke, I've never done anything wrong to her and have always treated her with respect. What hurts more is she's denying it was her when I've been told from so many people she's discussed the joke with them. The boy's number even matches her old number and she can't even apologise to me. I can't make her confess. What can I do? I was so cold towards the guy as well because I thought he played such a cruel joke on me when it was my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Lesson of the day, facebook search, google search, reverse check and all that on the number before you think of getting flirtatious,

ReputationRep:
    That's horrible, especially if this friend knew about this! What a b*tch. I'd be angry and upset. Just immature/childish. And cruel. Hope you're ok soon x

I didn't get flirtatious with the guy, I know him from college though & used to speak to him too, the texts were constantly sent after college so I thought it was him. I'm not having a mental breakdown or anything as that would be a bit trivial. I'm just wondering how its best to get the truth out of her as she's reluctant to confess and I hate the thought of her getting away with it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    All you can do really is make it known that you know, and that it wasn't a nice thing to do to someone, then, If i were you, i would cut contact with her because she doesn't sound like much of a friend.
    If others mention it to you, just say something along the lines of 'yeah i know, what a *****' or 'yeah, bit nasty wasn't it? and leave it at that - She is the one who will look bad.

ReputationRep:
    Smack that *****.

Then don't talk to her again. Seriously, what kind of friend is she? Pathetic - she'll either grow up one day, or she'll remain nasty and immature her whole life. Skank.

ReputationRep:
    Just call them in future- if they refuse to answer then something must be up.

I was devastated at the time, but it's been a while since then so I feel sort of neutral towards it now and am finding it hard to get angry. I guess from now on, I should just be careful who I trust. Thanks everyone for the responses, obviously I can't force her to confess but what I can do is cut contact with her so when she needs me now, I won't be there!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.