Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

Is anyone else starting law in September?

I've jut confirmed my place and hoping to live in Newarke Point

It'd be nice to hear from anyone else doing Law or something similar

ReputationRep:
    i applied for law also, had my interview and got accepted, just waiting for my ucas to update since i changed courses, not sure what accommodation yet, i'm looking at going through victoria halls!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

It usually takes about 3-5 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    my ucas was updated with my offer! just need to wait for accommodation to open up in may xD

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic! Well done

what are your conditions?

And yeah.. It's such a pain :/

Where are you thinking of staying?

ReputationRep:
    cheers mate, and achieve a minimum of 300 ucas points!
    and victoria halls wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

I am currently studying LLB at De Montfort University. So will be going into my second year this September.

I am also the Social Secretary for the Law Society at DMU and I want to plan some activities to give you guys a chance to meet current law society members, us committee members and also other potential members in their 1st year too!

I am aware that your fresher's week is going to be crazy busy and also so exciting! So, are there any activities that you feel would be good and would want to get involved with in the first few weeks of Freshers?

Let me know!! It would be a great help as I don't want to plan ideas and they not be suitable.

Good luck with Summer exams and I hope you are excited to join DMU!

ReputationRep:
    hey dude, how you finding the law course enjoying it then? cant wait to start uni, sick of college!

also can you recommend any good halls for first years, im thinking of going victoria halls.
    ty for help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazbot)
    hey dude, how you finding the law course enjoying it then? cant wait to start uni, sick of college!

also can you recommend any good halls for first years, im thinking of going victoria halls.
    ty for help!
    Hey!

Well, to start with I love it! I got involved with the Law Society (http://www.dmulawsociety.com < keep an eye on that) and the mooting which has been fun. It was a hard balance to keep up with work and also found time to do all the social activites as you can imagine but I have no complaints. I've really enjoyed it here!

Ahh I'm in Victoria Halls! I love it here, I'll be sad to leave! It's great here. Close to town (couple minute walk), basically next to Hugh Aston (Law Building)(takes me like 1 minute to get to a lecture if I walk fast!) Close to the SU, close to the Gym, so it works out! Also, it's really secure as you need to be fobbed to get in or out and only residents have a fob. The staff are really helpful. Errrm, anymore questions?

ReputationRep:
    i shall have a look on the website!

i hopefully will also be staying in victoria halls when i can apply through DMU! Also in your first year how many people were in your flat and its same sex accommodation right?

Can't wait for freshers :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazbot)
    i shall have a look on the website!

i hopefully will also be staying in victoria halls when i can apply through DMU! Also in your first year how many people were in your flat and its same sex accommodation right?

Can't wait for freshers :P

Yeah! There are 5 people in my flat. Some flats have 6 I think and I think some might even have 4. It's same sex yeah, but in Fresher's you end up meeting so many people in the same halls that are of the opposite sex!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing law and human rights in September, currently on a gap year so it's going to be very hard to get back in to the routine of essays and actually work haha. I'm staying at grosvenor as its close to the lecture building, and the city centre.
    Very excited to start now,

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm gonna be doing Law in September too

Not living in Halls though so would be good to get to know people on the course!!

I'm gonna be 23 in Nov, anyone who has also taken time out? Gonna have to get used to studying again!!

I came through clearing which is SO much easier!

Bunny x

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, Ive got a conditional to study the LLB Business Law in September and Im staying in Liberty Park so im at the other side of the campus to the Law Building. Hope to see you in September.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.