Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys I'm a skinny fat person my stats are
    age 20
    weight 156lb and height 5Ft8

wondering if anyone can tell me how I can get rid of this problem ? thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Always think the best thing to do with someone who's skinny fat is it to hit maintenance calories (go workout your nutritional needs via stickies), stick yourself on a beginners routine and stick to it.

You'll find you can add muscle while reducing fat due to newb gains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaden)
    Always think the best thing to do with someone who's skinny fat is it to hit maintenance calories (go workout your nutritional needs via stickies), stick yourself on a beginners routine and stick to it.

You'll find you can add muscle while reducing fat due to newb gains.

thanks a lot mate will look into this and give it a go

ReputationRep:
    Whats your waist size ? Do you carry allot of weight around your belly ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jahe)
    Whats your waist size ? Do you carry allot of weight around your belly ?
    I'm waist 32 yes alotcof belly, breast, lower back and upper back

ReputationRep:
    Pics would help us decide unless you know your bodyfat percentage, if you don't know it, then as above eat at maintenance and follow SS. Also depends on your goals..

ReputationRep:
    if you do decide to do exercise consistency is KEY

ReputationRep:
    Get in the gym, start lifting. easy squeesy

ReputationRep:
    Do lots of cardio. Make your body sweat and your heart race, you'll be burning the fat off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    Pics would help us decide unless you know your bodyfat percentage, if you don't know it, then as above eat at maintenance and follow SS. Also depends on your goals..
    my current bodyfat percentage is 23% do you still suggest being on maintenance and follow ss ? or shall I cut to about 144lb (currently 159lb) lose the fat then go on a bulk and do SS. looking to get a nice bulky sort of aesthetic look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nivek11)
    if you do decide to do exercise consistency is KEY
    will defo keep it consistent, what sort of exercise do you recommend to cut ? HIIT or low intensity ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homeboy Hotel)
    Do lots of cardio. Make your body sweat and your heart race, you'll be burning the fat off.
    have been doing a lot of cardio and have lost weight but the fat doesn't seem to be coming off :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thaistick)
    have been doing a lot of cardio and have lost weight but the fat doesn't seem to be coming off :\
    Start lifting, if you get rid of your fat via cardio you'll just become skinny which isn't much of an improvement imo.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate will incorporate lifting into my routine. May do 3 day lifting and 2 cardio. What do you rekon ?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate will incorporate lifting into my routine. May do 3 day lifting and 2 cardio. What do you rekon ?
    Id honestly just stick to three/four full body workouts with a cardio warm up and cool down, gaining muscle will help a lot more in terms of body composition than cardio will.

ReputationRep:
    If you can run for 20mins + then do 3 light jogs a week, you could try include fartlek training and some squats to define your thighs and bum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nivek11)
    If you can run for 20mins + then do 3 light jogs a week, you could try include fartlek training and some squats to define your thighs and bum.
    so basically run everyday for 20mins, 3 light jogs a week and also do the fartlek training aswell as do exercises to tone my thighs and bum

ReputationRep:
    my current bodyfat percentage is 23% do you still suggest being on maintenance and follow ss ? or shall I cut to about 144lb (currently 159lb) lose the fat then go on a bulk and do SS. looking to get a nice bulky sort of aesthetic look
    Follow SS as soon as you can start without a doubt, and yeah I'd advise cutting from 23% to about 12% whilst on SS because a. Your strength will still go up and you'll gain muscle because of noob gains and b. You'll be more motivated to stick with it if you see good results from the off. Cardio isn't necessary for your goals, if you keep diet in check, but it's always good to be fit. Also make sure you don't overtrain (add in loads of your own stuff to SS and too intense cardio) as you don't want to burn out, especially as a skinny fat persons CNS tends to be weak. Keep me updated on your progress, it'd be interesting to see, good luck bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    Follow SS as soon as you can start without a doubt, and yeah I'd advise cutting from 23% to about 12% whilst on SS because a. Your strength will still go up and you'll gain muscle because of noob gains and b. You'll be more motivated to stick with it if you see good results from the off. Cardio isn't necessary for your goals, if you keep diet in check, but it's always good to be fit. Also make sure you don't overtrain (add in loads of your own stuff to SS and too intense cardio) as you don't want to burn out, especially as a skinny fat persons CNS tends to be weak. Keep me updated on your progress, it'd be interesting to see, good luck bro
    thanks mate, im going to give this a go and see where it takes me. for sure ill keep you updated bro, thanks for your response

ReputationRep:
    hey guys I'm a skinny fat person my stats are
    age 20
    weight 156lb and height 5Ft8

wondering if anyone can tell me how I can get rid of this problem ? thanks guys
    If you want to get rid of that problem the best thing for you to do is either diet and lose the fat, or bulk and put on some muscle. If you've not got a lot of muscle on you then the best thing for you to do is the latter. Start going to the gym and lifting for 3 days a week.

Aim for chest and triceps on Monday, Legs and shoulders on a wednesday and back and biceps on a friday.

Hit a couple hundred calories over your maintenance and get around 0.8g-1g of protein per lb of bodyweight per day.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.