Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently i got evicted for doing some silly things from Paragon in Brentford, at UWL.
    I've already moved out, but hadn't paid the 3rd installment of the rent at the time
    Am i liable to pay the 3rd installment even if i'm not there, because basically my contract got terminated right? Also do i get my deposit back?

Any help would be amazing, so stressed as i haven't told my parents

ReputationRep:
    yolo swag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pdoty)
    Recently i got evicted for doing some silly things from Paragon in Brentford, at UWL.
    I've already moved out, but hadn't paid the 3rd installment of the rent at the time
    Am i liable to pay the 3rd installment even if i'm not there, because basically my contract got terminated right? Also do i get my deposit back?

Any help would be amazing, so stressed as i haven't told my parents
    You probably have to pay the next installment unless they are able to relet your accommodation. If they relet they are still entitled to reasonable expenses associated with reletting. As for your deposit - if you've done silly things chances are there will be costs for putting things right that will come out of your deposit. Be prepared not to get any back. If the accommodation is university owned you probably can't graduate until you pay any debts.

You need advice from your student union and you need to tell your parents exactly what you have done. They can't help you clear up this mess unless they have the full facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parentlurker)
    You probably have to pay the next installment unless they are able to relet your accommodation. If they relet they are still entitled to reasonable expenses associated with reletting. As for your deposit - if you've done silly things chances are there will be costs for putting things right that will come out of your deposit. Be prepared not to get any back. If the accommodation is university owned you probably can't graduate until you pay any debts.

You need advice from your student union and you need to tell your parents exactly what you have done. They can't help you clear up this mess unless they have the full facts.
    Would there be a time period for me to pay that back? I don't plan to pay it back unless they ask for it,
    I'm too afraid to tell my parents as i can gauge their reaction will not be good at all

ReputationRep:
    All of this will depend on your contract. Sod your parents, what you need to do next is take advice from your student's union. They will have seen this situation before and will know the lie of the land, as well as being able to negotiate with the university on your behalf.

ReputationRep:
    The time period can be negotiated but you can't graduate until you've paid. The university will have a pretty good idea of your current finances and hence what would be reasonable to expect you to pay. In theory they could take it to court and send baliffs after your possessions but that won't happen if you agree repayments and stick to them.

Speak to your student union, they'll have heard it all before. Your parents need to know you've moved out and they'll deduce you owe money. They will be angry but they'll come round.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.