Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi im starting my as revision tommorow, I'm unfamiliar with a lot of the content too. Is it possible if I revise several hours a day from today to still get an A at As?? I do bio chem psychoogy and english lit. Any advice would be appreciated
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's definitely possible. Put together a good revision timetable and stick to it (I would recommend the MySQA Study Plan app if you have an iPhone/ iPod touch/ iPad/ probably available on amdroid...). Write up your notes, create revision quiz cards/ posters/ mind maps/ other 'active' revision techniques. Also do loads of past papers, as these will definitely help your technique. Use the markschemes to create model answers to common tricky questions.
    I would recommend revising 2 - 3 hours a day after college, and 5-6 hours at the weekends. Give yourself plenty of breaks and only revise short chunks at a time (except when you are doing past papers obviously!). Perhaps give yourself an evening off a week to relax + catch up with some TV/ go out with some friends etc. to avoid getting too stressed and 'reward' yourself for all your hard work. If you find it hard to concentrate, change subjects, take a short break, or use a different revision technique.
    This should give you some idea of what revision you need to do to prepare yourself for your exams. You still have about 6 weeks or so until the actual exams, so there's no need to panic if you begin revising steadily and in a structured way.
    This is how I revise anyway, and I've managed to get As so far...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonkeeper999)
    It's definitely possible. Put together a good revision timetable and stick to it (I would recommend the MySQA Study Plan app if you have an iPhone/ iPod touch/ iPad/ probably available on amdroid...). Write up your notes, create revision quiz cards/ posters/ mind maps/ other 'active' revision techniques. Also do loads of past papers, as these will definitely help your technique. Use the markschemes to create model answers to common tricky questions.
    I would recommend revising 2 - 3 hours a day after college, and 5-6 hours at the weekends. Give yourself plenty of breaks and only revise short chunks at a time (except when you are doing past papers obviously!). Perhaps give yourself an evening off a week to relax + catch up with some TV/ go out with some friends etc. to avoid getting too stressed and 'reward' yourself for all your hard work. If you find it hard to concentrate, change subjects, take a short break, or use a different revision technique.
    This should give you some idea of what revision you need to do to prepare yourself for your exams. You still have about 6 weeks or so until the actual exams, so there's no need to panic if you begin revising steadily and in a structured way.
    This is how I revise anyway, and I've managed to get As so far...
    Thankyou! I was getting stressed so I it's could to hear that someone in my position has managed to get the As

ReputationRep:
    Study for 30-50 minutes then take 10 minutes break. This is enough time for your brain to process all the information you have looked at. Do this until you're satisfied. I suggest 2 hours after school and 4-6 hours at the weekend.

Also it is worth writing your notes in blue than in black because your brain is able to recognise words better.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you just realise now you need to start revision?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.