The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

I wonder if theyll catch the other brother?
Original post by Chindits
Maybe some of the apologists need to spend an hour acquainting themselves with Islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oB9x5YKf9k

This Islamist scholar, far from frothing at the mouth - calmly describes how Islam seeks to dominate, conquer and wage perpetual war until it achieves complete domination.

It's a long video, but he reads Islamic text from the Qu'ran and hadiths which basically tell us that there will never be peace with Islam unless we submit to them.

seriously cant say anything more than BS!
Reply 842
Original post by student room sk
seriously cant say anything more than BS!

Take it up with the scholar reading from the Qu'ran and hadiths.

It's there in black and white - the word of god. "Keep fighting the unbelievers until the day of judgement"
Reply 843

It's there in black and white - the word of god. "Keep fighting the unbelievers until the day of judgement"

scholars also manage to twist the Qu'ran and hadiths to make Islam a religion of peace. it is a vague book, you can twist it to whatever adgenda you like if you try hard enough

I'm sorry to say but this isnt right!!

I 've personally never been told to do anything as sickening in my entire life!!

bombing a place is sick and in Islam your told NOT TO KILL !! thats wrong, no one has the right to take the life of any other person, its upsetting!!
Reply 845
his father claims the secret service framed him
Reply 846

And you can connect, directly and explicitly, that scholar's beliefs with the as of yet undocumented beliefs of the two bombers? Impressive. Tell us your mind reading skills so we can all benefit.

Otherwise, stop being a narrow-minded bigot and wait for some actual evidence fbefore damning them as Muslim extremists.
Reply 847

BS! I am a Muslim and I never heard of that one before.
Give met the Surah? the verse number?
Reply 848
Original post by lucaf
scholars also manage to twist the Qu'ran and hadiths to make Islam a religion of peace. it is a vague book, you can twist it to whatever adgenda you like if you try hard enough

You can't really twist "keep fighting the unbelievers until the day of judgement"

And the reason why many Islamists behead their victims?

Because the Qu'ran call to "smite your enemies on the neck"

So we can see it's taken literally by extremist Muslims.

The Qu'ran and hadiths explicitly say you CANNOT have a lasting peace with non-Muslims. You can only have temporary and strategic ceasefires - but that WAR must be continually waged.

You can't spin it, it's there in black and white.
Reply 849
I'd like to remind everyone that this is not a thread for the discussion of Islam, it is a discussion of the attacks. Please keep the thread on topic.
Reply 850
Original post by nm786
BS! I am a Muslim and I never heard of that one before.
Give met the Surah? the verse number?

I linked the video. He references most of what he talks about.
Reply 851

You can't spin it, it's there in black and white.

You can spin basically anything that's written in any religious text, because its all about how it's interpreted.

Anyway, all this stuff going on is incredibly interesting. Controlled explosion due this afternoon.
Reply 852
And yet you can't refute what I say about the odious Islam.

Does it or does it not call for perpetual conflict until judgement day?

It condones jihad till judgement day.

A physical jihad can be implementing if another state is oppressing it's muslims, if the Islamic state is attacked or if an mutual aggression treaty is invoked by its ally.

Here is Bernard Lewis on Jihad. He has spent the majority of his life studying/writing about Islam and it's history;

Muslim fighters are commanded not to kill women, children, or the aged unless they attack first; not to torture or otherwise ill-treat prisoners; to give fair warning of the opening of hostilities or their resumption after a truce; and to honor agreements... At no time did the classical jurists offer any approval or legitimacy to what we nowadays call terrorism. Nor indeed is there any evidence of the use of terrorism as it is practiced nowadays."

Does it or does it not say non-Muslim can only be allowed to live if they convert to Islam or agree to live as Dhimmis and pay a tax to the Islamic Sharia state?

In the same way that the Her Majesty's revenue customs would fight me if I don't pay my tax here.

Muslims pay tax, Zakah and Kharaj and non muslims payJizyah. Punishment for both sets of people not paying their respective taxes are imprisonment/death or confiscation of property.

(HM revenues do the same even today! http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/payinghmrc/problems/dontpay/debts.html )

Only able bodied men who had money, were non priests or rabbis could pay the jizyah. All those who payed Jizyah were exempt from military conscription and the Muslim state was responsible for protecting them in the same way British is responsible of protecting me. While a able bodied muslim could be conscripted into the armed forces at any time.

When muslims rulers in Spain could longer defend the Jews during the Spanish inquisition they gave them back their jizyah payments.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 853
Its also important that their religion and motive may be totally separate. They could be Muslims, but decided to carry out the bombing because they don't like the proposed gun laws- in that case it clearly wouldn't be 'Islamic terrorism' or whatever you want to call it.
Reply 854
Original post by miser
I'd like to remind everyone that this is not a thread for the discussion of Islam, it is a discussion of the attacks. Please keep the thread on topic.

Chindits has been posting **** for the last five hours and you've done nothing about it. what's going on?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 855
Any updates in the manhunt?

Even if we take this literally, the Muslim has to decide the means of execution (bombing), the place of bombing (Boston Marathon), the time of bombing (Marathon) and the people to be killed. There are no blue prints to this found in Islam, the Muslim has to do this himself. He/She has to form an opinion, a motive, some form of rationale independently. In other words, intent to kill is independent of Islam as Islam provides no instructions. Islam is not the common denominator here and anyone with the ability to keep breathing cannot deny this.
Reply 857
Original post by nm786
Chindits has been posting **** for the last five hours and you've done nothing about it. wth?

At the end of the day, he is entitled to his opinion, no? No matter how much of a bigot he seems to be
Reply 858
Original post by nm786
Chindits has been posting **** for the last five hours and you've done nothing about it. what's going on?

Any inflammatory behaviour in this thread is being dealt with via the usual channels. If there are posts which you believe have not been acted on appropriately, please submit a post report.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
What are you blathering on about? I believe in secular humanism and Western democracy, and vigorously oppose beardy sky man adherents who go around bombing people, chopping off heads and generally killing anyone who looks a bit gay.

Nice to see you're so enamoured with theocratic fascists.

Comig from the person who dislikes Islam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending