The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mister Dead
I don't think ruling out the possibility of Nkorea getting anything together is ever premature. Odds are about 1000-1 I reckon.

So, two dead. Wonder if they were wearing the explosives...

I heard they were found in trash cans. Police were telling people to avoid trash cans since they found a device in one.
Absolutely awful. :frown: When I was younger Boston was like a second home to me, I'll be off back in under 2 months and staying very close to where the explosions were, I get a feeling it will feel very different this time.
Original post by Iqbal007
Thats scary stuff on your analysis :s-smilie:
No doubt there will be conspiracies behind it, but it depends on who the preparators were.......... and I honestly don't hope there are people in the government in the US who think like this, but then again I don't think I would surprised by it :frown:
I wasn't suggesting any kind of conspiracy theory, just that in a time of budget cuts where the CIA which has swollen massively post 9/11 is now going to have justification why it still need to money. A threat on US soil is going to be very emotive for many Americans.
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Including some of the contributors to this thread so far, no doubt. :rolleyes:

:sadnod:
Reply 84
Original post by Jacob :)
Please don't let it be Islamic extremists.

its probs christian extremists
Reply 85
BBC News
"Citing a US intelligence official, the Associated Press reports two more explosive devices have been found at the Boston Marathon and are being dismantled."

I don't know who could have done this, but it seems pretty professional to be honest.
Reply 86
Original post by doggyfizzel
I wasn't suggesting any kind of conspiracy theory, just that in a time of budget cuts where the CIA which has swollen massively post 9/11 is now going to have justification why it still need to money. A threat on US soil is going to be very emotive for many Americans.

You mean Homeland Security surely? CIA deals only with foreign matters? :confused:

Does anyone think anyone will claim responsibility for it?
Original post by david2457
I heard they were found in trash cans. Police were telling people to avoid trash cans since they found a device in one.

Where do you get your rumours? Sesame Street?
Reply 88
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/04/photos-of-the-boston-marathon-bombing/100495/

Photo 8 is horrific so please don't click it if you're queazy about gore.
Reply 89
Original post by tjf8
I don't know who could have done this, but it seems pretty professional to be honest.

Indeed, I wonder what types of explosives they were and how they were detonated. That could give a good clue on who it could have been.
Reply 90
Original post by doggyfizzel

I know............ but whats happened will lead eventual conspiracy theories...

I think it entirely depends on who carried out the attacks, as large chunk of their budget does go into missions outside of the US. It will also cause hysteria and paranoia among people, senators, etc, even more pressure to step up security which could lead to issues.

I just hope the perpetrator is caught and truth will come out.
Reply 91
Original post by Rish7
As terrible as this is, it's worth noting that this kind of thing happens all over the world almost on a daily basis. It's just that we don't receive mainstream news coverage of these other atrocities. I sincerely hope that nobody has died in these explosions, but I can't help but feel sorry for all the women and children who's deaths get swept under the carpet.

yeh, you're right...:frown:
Original post by david2457
Indeed, I wonder what types of explosives they were and how they were detonated. That could give a good clue on who it could have been.

Reports have said that they contained ball bearings, (news reports so not sure how true).
Reply 93
Christ. Hopefully the death toll doesn't rise any higher. It's always hard to judge just how bad these things are though this soon after they happen. But hopefully those two explosions are the end of it.

I was travelling along the east-coast just recently, I got home a couple of weeks ago. I met a few people who'll probably be in Boston at the moment.
Reply 94
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Where do you get your rumours? Sesame Street?

Haha, I didn't think of Sesame Street, that lightened me up a bit. The idea of it being trash cans was deduced from reporters after they heard on the police scanner one was found in a trash can. Trash cans are ideal places to hide these devices.
An eye witness, said that 25-30 people are missing at least one leg... :frown:
Reply 96
Original post by Roobsa
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/04/photos-of-the-boston-marathon-bombing/100495/

Photo 8 is horrific so please don't click it if you're queazy about gore.

God I wish I hadn't.
Just got news from someone I know that is in Boston and ran the marathon. I'm so glad he is okay!
Oh my lord some of the pictures coming out right now. Absolutely horrifying like a scene from a movie. Prayers go out to those in Boston right now. Sickening world we live in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
I really hope this was small-timers. I can't imagine the reaction of the American public if people start saying it was organised terrorists.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending