Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm about to finish my 2nd year at York and to be honest I'm not happy.
    After lectures I just go home and watch TV I'm really not living the University lifestyle I envisioned before I came here, I know if I went to Manchester (which is where I am from) their is a lot to do and the people there are incredibly diverse unlike what I have seen in York. The course and teaching is fine I just find this place and the people too boring. Last year as well I had a housemate who was just horrible, racist and a rah seeing this guy on my course everyday just makes me want to punch him. This is University of York to University of Manchester btw.

Is it possible to do a 2nd year transfer, or any advice? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naterivers22)
    Hello, I'm about to finish my 2nd year at York and to be honest I'm not happy.
    After lectures I just go home and watch TV I'm really not living the University lifestyle I envisioned before I came here, I know if I went to Manchester (which is where I am from) their is a lot to do and the people there are incredibly diverse unlike what I have seen in York. The course and teaching is fine I just find this place and the people too boring. Last year as well I had a housemate who was just horrible, racist and a rah seeing this guy on my course everyday just makes me want to punch him. This is University of York to University of Manchester btw.

Is it possible to do a 2nd year transfer, or any advice? Thanks.
    Unless your courses are extremely similar, it will be hard to transfer over. Some unis don't accept 2nd year transfers either. But, you will of course have to as the uni of Manchester if they will accept you. Another problem is that you've missed the deadline for UCAS this year, so you'd have to see if they would still consider you as a late applicant. If your course is a competitive one then it may already be full.

But, think this through. You have one year left of York, and thats your 3rd year. Third year is the most intense year and its unlikely that you'll have too much social things going on anyway. Would it not be better to just get it done with?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.