Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you do when you're EXTREMELY TIRED and you really need to stay awake???? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am always tired with a migrane. Literally always. Just wanted to know what do you do to cure this. Please don't give me stuff like "coffee" or "pills" because that's short-term and it does not work on me. My body is just made from different type of stuff.

Also, fruits and veges do not cure this either. I have tried everything. Nothing works.

What do you do?

ReputationRep:
    Sleep more.

Have a really good 8 hours sleep. Have a bath/shower and a hot drink before you get into bed (the process of your body cooling down induces tiredness, so you go straight to sleep).

Wake up after a good nights sleep. Showers are perfect for waking you up. Afterwards, eat a good breakfast with wholegrain/slow-release carbs and a glass of fruit juice. A good example of this is two slices of toast with peanut butter on, accompanied by a glass of orange juice. You also need to stick with it, don't give it up after a few days and conclude it useless.

This combination will give you energy for the day to last and makes sure you have a well-earned rest so your body can feel refreshed and recuperate.

You might also consider going for an eye-test. Your eyes might be weaker, which induces migraines sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Faust)
    Sleep more.

Have a really good 8 hours sleep. Have a bath/shower and a hot drink before you get into bed (the process of your body cooling down induces tiredness, so you go straight to sleep).

Wake up after a good nights sleep. Showers are perfect for waking you up. Afterwards, eat a good breakfast with wholegrain/slow-release carbs and a glass of fruit juice. A good example of this is two slices of toast with peanut butter on, accompanied by a glass of orange juice. You also need to stick with it, don't give it up after a few days and conclude it useless.

This combination will give you energy for the day to last and makes sure you have a well-earned rest so your body can feel refreshed and recuperate.

You might also consider going for an eye-test. Your eyes might be weaker, which induces migraines sometimes.
    I normally have 12 hours of sleep but I have stopped that, I can't sleep for longer I'm doing GCSE's and I am literally DYING. I have too much to do. The breakfast bit is what I normally do but when I wake up I don't have a shower in the mornings, and I just can't do that it doesn't work for me :'(

ReputationRep:
    Go to your doctor and see what they say, This could be a symptom of something and if not then they might give you some tips.

Also, there is such a thing as oversleeping - 12 hours is alot and because of that you're getting more tired than if you'd have only 8.

Exercise as well, keep yourself fit, go running or swimming, tire yourself out, get 8/9 hours sleep, no more! Set your alarm and make yourself get up and get into a routine of just 8 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SexiestNameEver)
    I normally have 12 hours of sleep but I have stopped that, I can't sleep for longer I'm doing GCSE's and I am literally DYING. I have too much to do. The breakfast bit is what I normally do but when I wake up I don't have a shower in the mornings, and I just can't do that it doesn't work for me :'(
    12 hours is way too much. In fact, it is actually worse than doing 8. sleeping for 12 hours will make you tireder, would you believe. Stick to the 8!

Showers really do wake you up in the morning, and I can't see why you can't commit yourself to 5-10 minutes in the shower. You have quite a negative attitude to what you can and can't do. Sometimes tiredness comes down to your own perceptions of how tired you are psychologically. If you do everything said above, and thereon act lively, positive and energetic - you will be, and you will do all your work effectively. Wait till you do A-Levels :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I am really tired this evening. I cooked dinner and now feel like just crashing. I have my Thyroid monitored regularly because i have an auto immune problem. I just wonder if I might have slipped off the scale at the bottokm end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Faust)
    12 hours is way too much. In fact, it is actually worse than doing 8. sleeping for 12 hours will make you tireder, would you believe. Stick to the 8!

Showers really do wake you up in the morning, and I can't see why you can't commit yourself to 5-10 minutes in the shower. You have quite a negative attitude to what you can and can't do. Sometimes tiredness comes down to your own perceptions of how tired you are psychologically. If you do everything said above, and thereon act lively, positive and energetic - you will be, and you will do all your work effectively. Wait till you do A-Levels :cool:
    The thing is it's hard for me to be positive, I have a depression disorder, I have no friends and I get stressed so easily, life is not favoring me at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone needs different amounts. I have found my limit to be 7 hours, any less than that and I feel like I'm gonna die however I feel fine if I have 7 hours. I know someone however who lives perfectly fine on 3 hours a night and some others who have to have more than 8 hours. It all depends on the person.

How much excersise do you do and how fast is your metabolism as I'm wondering how that could be effecting you??

ReputationRep:
    I get migraines, but for the past few weeks I have been trying these supplements which you can get from a pharmacy: co enzyme Q10 and vitamin B complex (including riboflavin). I heard about them when I was doing research and they're working so far. Apparently they help the mitochondria which somehow stops migraines. Might be worth a shot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.